Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Chinese lasers to the UK

Default Getting Chinese lasers to the UK

Have any UK members bought DPSS lasers direct from China - or did you use existing UK agents - or buy via Australia? Any problems with Customs / Import Duty? Any Recommendations? Any pitfalls/problems?
    (I know this is a lot of questions, but I'm considering buying 400mW blue, 500mW green and 800mW red - CNI seem like the best bet for these - any advice much appreciated before I part with any of my hard-earned....)
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
    Have any UK members bought DPSS lasers direct from China - or did you use existing UK agents - or buy via Australia? Any problems with Customs / Import Duty? Any Recommendations? Any pitfalls/problems?
    (I know this is a lot of questions, but I'm considering buying 400mW blue, 500mW green and 800mW red - CNI seem like the best bet for these - any advice much appreciated before I part with any of my hard-earned....)
    TIA
    No problems importing them, I've had a few.
    The only thing to remember is that you have to pay import tax, if they come via DHL you get the bill about 3 months after they deliver it.
    If it comes via Parcel Force they send you the bill before they release it.

Jim

What rate is import duty charged at on lasers?

GA
    you will get charged 17.5% VAT and 10% Impoert duty on the value that is DECLARED on the papaerwork from CNI , then you will also get charged a nice few from DHL /TNT / Parcelforce etc etc for working it all out and billing you ....typically £8 to £85
    PG
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

I got my CNI Green through Dave on LaserShowParts.com. Easy transaction and no hidden bills. I was concidering going staright to CNI but there are massive freight costs and plus the added cost fo the bill you get sent laser on which is explained above.
    Graham

I've seen the Lasershowparts website, and the prices look attractive, given the exchange rate of £ vs A$. I'd still have to pay import duty and VAT on top of their prices, wouldn't I?

This is shamfull but I cant remeber. I dont think so....just use the form to order what you want and see what it comes too, thats what you pay ...

Quote Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
    I've seen the Lasershowparts website, and the prices look attractive, given the exchange rate of £ vs A$. I'd still have to pay import duty and VAT on top of their prices, wouldn't I?
    You pay the VAT on the declared ammount. If they declare say $30 you would get away without paying any duty (we are allowed £18 before they charge duty) the only downside is if they under declare it and something gets damaged you will only be covered for $30.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    You pay the VAT on the declared ammount. If they declare say $30 you would get away without paying any duty (we are allowed £18 before they charge duty) the only downside is if they under declare it and something gets damaged you will only be covered for $30.

Jim
    Thats it!

And we can declare the goods at whatever value you would like declared

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Well, you do have to admit, with the prices on some of your lasers, the replacement cost is included!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)