Thread: 660nm 200mW CW Aixiz Diodes

Default 660nm 200mW CW Aixiz Diodes

I took the plunge, and I purchased two of these diodes at $40 a piece and $2.50 shipping. I have yet to be able to do any testing with them. I am waiting for my Die4Driver... but I might be a bit impatient and build a cheaper driver. AND I am also waiting for my power meter that I purchased through eBay (its been like 2 weeks already!).

The diodes themselves are a bit odd looking. They are just like normal but the sides of the diode (where the OD is 5.6mm) is flat on two sides, like this:
    _
    (_)

Sorry that's a terrible description, but it'll have to do until I post a few pictures of these units. I really hope the spec sheet is accurate for these diodes, I will be posting as much information in the next week or so as I can with the small amount of equipment I have.

I will need your help to make sure I am making all the measurements correctly

Depending on how busy work is for me today, I might get a cheaper driver built today (I just purchased a lot of 6,100 resistors online , so I am set for building some circuits now!)... I think I've got the bug all of you talk about

I also bought one but haven't even opened up the anti-static bag, yet. I am not sure if it is 660nm or 650nm. I suspect it is 660nm but the part # and spec sheet say 650nm.

I haven't opened them yet either, I didnt have time at work today to build the driver. My spec sheet says 660nm? Weird. I will only be able to compare 660nm to the Maxyz module I have to see if it's close to 660nm. Hopefully tomorrow I will have something set up, if not, then sunday!

So I'm almost positive these are 650nm. I've pressed both of the ones I bought in to Aixiz housings (12mm X 30mm style) and they do get pretty warm after a few minutes of running at about 200mA. I am currently running them with Robin's Die4Driver. Which is really sweet by the way!

I'll be able to tell you the exact temp they get up to and their output within a few days...

Just a side note, one of these compares to my 450mW Maxyz Module.... (which is why I figured they were 650nm because just over 200mW it is just about the same)

Although the beam isn't as great... but I am only using the plastic lens that comes with the Aixiz housing...

I forgot to add the really important information!

I will also post this in the Group Buy section.

I have found a better deal for these diodes for $32/each if we purchase more than 50 of them. Thats $8 cheaper than offered on Aixiz's site. Plus about $3 shipping in the US.

Any takers? PM if you are interested!

What is the longest continuous runtime you have had with these?

So far I have only ran it for about 20 minutes (ok I'll admit... I was burning things with it... like top layer of skin on my finger... got a cool spiral pattern there now).

But thus far I have probably about 1-1.25 hours of total run time (at about 200mA) on one of the two diodes. I am waiting for more of the stuff I bought on eBay to get in, so I can monitor their heath better (I should have it by about Wednesday or Thursday).