Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winamp, LivePRO & Microphone...

i see, so once i have downloaded winamp do i need anything else to get it to work with livepro
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

andy_con: You got the FB3? With Live Pro usb?

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

yeah .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

without no extra cost?? Con grats! we are so lucky!!
    You need winamp + plugin +Live Pro and I think you are ready to try it out

Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

thanks LOL

i got one of the very first batch of fb3's.

sorry to be stupid, plugin???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Andy

You'll need the Winamp plugin(s) from Pangolin. I think it's the one called vis_lp.dll but I would need to check as that may just be the visualisations plugin. You may need another one for the LivePRO beat detection.

Start Winamp, Start LivePRO, Start the plugin, if all's well you'll see a small dialog box appear mid screen, this is the beat detection window. play a song in Winamp and watch the beat detection window, you should see little bars moving across the window in time with the beat, the sensitivity can be set by a slider bar at the left hand side of this window. Once you have this bit working, go into LivePRO and click 'Play' and click on a cue. Now select the audio beat button at the top right(ish) of the screen, you'll see some activity from the visual indicators next to the beat button.

Next got to the 'Audio' drop down tab at the very right of the screen and you'll see various options for brightness, size and movement, each option has four checkboxes (one for each channel) just select these as required and watch the results

It takes a while to get used to the adjustments and I would advise only running one channel and one cue until you get used to what it can do as it's easy to overly complicate things. Simplicity is sometimes best or in other words less is more.

Have fun, for me getting this working was a real 'Eureka' moment, once you have mastered the above you can then start playing with the beat selectors down the right hand side of the cue section, these move the cues depending on how many beats have taken place. As usual in LivePRO everything is totally customisable

Jem

ok thanks, when my scanner is back up and running ill try this.

do i need to e-mail pangolin about getting vis_lp.dll???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I have uploaded the plugin to the ftp server.
    Under Pangolin Winamp Plugin

Howto:
    Put this plugin in winamp folder C:\Programfiler\Winamp\Plugins

Then open Winamp, press Options, Preferences.
    Scroll down to Plug-ins, then to Visualzation.
    Select the Pangolin LivePro Audio link plugin and press start
    In live pro, on top icons.
    you find a speaker, hold you pointer over it and it says "Enable Audiolink from LivePro Winamp plug-in"
    Press the speaker and you are ready to use it!
    Now you can fiddle around...

Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

lol cool cheers
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

If you can't get your mic to work, there are a couple options to try with your sound card.

1st thing: open your volume control, check to see if your mic is muted, and make sure the slider is up (duh).

another thing you may need to try, some cards have headers for other inputs, and even if those inputs don't exist, the software may still have sliders for them. the way most windows mixers work is that one "input" can be selected at a time. to change this, open your volume control, and select "properties"
    you'll see a menu that says "adjust volume for" with a couple radio buttons underneath. Select "recording", and in the box below, make sure "microphone" or "line in" is checked. click ok and you'll open up the recording mixer.

this will pop up another similar-looking volume control box, but if you look at it, the boxes under the volume sliders will be labeled "select" and you can only check one. if you're using a mic, make sure that is selected and vice versa. this may solve your problem. if it doesn't, you have another option:

Go to your control panel and open "Sounds and audio devices"
    click on the voice tab, make sure your sound card is selected and click "Test hardware". this will start a sound hardware test wizard. if you have a mic or ipod making nosie, you should be able to hear it or at least see a level on the mic test page.

most of you probably already know this, but just in case i figured i'd spout it off.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra