Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This winter sucks!

Lightbulb

I guess it is Monday night too... Atleast it worked right?

I have to ask

Where would one purchase a snow maker (and how much)?

And why? If you dont mind my asking.

-Max

http://www.snowathome.com/index.php
    http://snowstormsnowmaking.com/

They can cost anywhere between $50 to make or $900 to purchase. Alot of the cost doesnt come from the gun itself but rather the "power supply" if you will. An air compressor and pressure washer with 100% duty cycle that delivers lots of air and water are key and expensive. Of course if you got tons of money and three phase power you can get a fan gun and make as much snow as the ski resorts

http://snowstormsnowmaking.com/

there is also a forum to help you get good results
    www.snowguns.com

So what do you use it for? Again if you dont mind my asking...

I just have it cause I wanted to have it. I moved 90 miles north of my original hometown for many reasons, but one of them included Charlotte used to get lots of snow. Now it doesnt, usually 1 inch a year now with the 18inch 24hour dump 3 years ago as the exception. But anyways, I thought I would control my own snow but so far until we have a day that doesnt hit about 27degrees I really cant make much snow without pissing off the neighbors.

Talking use snow as screen!

I always associtate Christmas Day with big snow, Santa Claus, reindeer and Christmas Tree. If use nature big snow as screen to make laser show! It will be exciting! The nice and pure snow, will be much more twinkling than any medium.

DB, you can stop in Wisconsin for a while, we got about 28" this month (I think thats what I read). I think it was last year by about this time in December we were at like 51"!!!!

And then there are other years that there is no snow (or considerable amounts) on the ground for Christmas...

We get 8-10" a few times usually per winter. Depending on the size of the flakes it can make for good or bad laser-show. Havent tried sleet/ ice yet. Will post vid if I do.