Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This winter sucks!

Default This winter sucks!

So yeh, way off topic but this is the Lounge

Ok, so I got me a snow machine and I have been waiting to have a wetbulb temp of 32 F or less. Most of the time that comes to a regular temp of 27 degrees F.

So far this season, I have had 10 mins of time to make snow and that occurred at 4am. Guess what, I jumped my butt out of bed and made enough snow to make me a snowball.

I have told my boss that the first day that we have that doesnt go above 32 as the high, I am taking off the entire day. Hes down with it and everyone in my group said they are coming over for the Snow Bowl Feast where I cook steak and hotdogs in the dead of winter, wooo whoo

Anyhow, think of how the laser will look when going through real snow

Nice and warm here

32 d Celsius ~90F today

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Nice and warm here

32 d Celsius ~90F today

yeh, no good for me. I like it cold.

We're all waiting for the pictures that follow

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    So yeh, way off topic but this is the Lounge

Ok, so I got me a snow machine and I have been waiting to have a wetbulb temp of 32 F or less. Most of the time that comes to a regular temp of 27 degrees F.

So far this season, I have had 10 mins of time to make snow and that occurred at 4am. Guess what, I jumped my butt out of bed and made enough snow to make me a snowball.

I have told my boss that the first day that we have that doesnt go above 32 as the high, I am taking off the entire day. Hes down with it and everyone in my group said they are coming over for the Snow Bowl Feast where I cook steak and hotdogs in the dead of winter, wooo whoo

Anyhow, think of how the laser will look when going through real snow

We had a big snow. Took me 2.5 hours to drive 100km.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Wow... I have been waiting a couple of years for a good snow to check out lasers outside at night. I think the beams would be awesome ! Let me know when you do that.....I can carry down a nice gas powered heater for a small area to get the frost off your fingers.
    Last edited by MechEng3; 12-02-2007 at 03:50. Reason: I am somewhat lysdexic before coffee...
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Cool

George;

I completely forgot about your snow-making machine! Mliptack is right; when you get that thing fired up you need to take some pictures and post them here. (Hell, it might be worth it to call in sick just to drive to Charlotte for the "Snow Bowl Feast"! )

Judging by the weather forecast, it's going to be a while before you get temps cold enough that you can run that thing for more than an hour or two at night though. (Highs in the mid-to-upper 50's for the next 10 days!)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Judging by the weather forecast, it's going to be a while before you get temps cold enough that you can run that thing for more than an hour or two at night though. (Highs in the mid-to-upper 50's for the next 10 days!)

Adam
    Come to Wisconsin, we just got a great ice sheet dumped on us.

Cool

Now you know why I have no desire to move back home... Shoveling snow sucks!

Hope you've got your snow tires on your car already dude!

Adam

We had 1 flurry here in VA so far, but tonite winds are going to be high and a cold front will be moving in. Thats the local weather, now back to your regularly scheduled program..