Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My so called DAC

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I just know that the UK Laser meet may well induce me to raid the piggy bank......
    Ya damn right there mate!

If at the meet you have any bits and bobs and are not happy soldering them - I will have my soldering gear with me as I did last time. I dont mind doing some stuff for you or anyone else for that matter as long as my beast is up and running and I dont spend all day soldering

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

great ill being my RGB lasers, scanners, PSU, fans and ill leave it with you mate
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Ya will will ya.
    betcha a tenner you will have it all set up way before then -

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

i bet you 20 i do to
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I'm looking at an FB3 in Feb but after reading up some more, would a noob like me be better off going straight for the LD200, especially as there seems to be so many more shows available with that product?
    My personal opinion is that the LD-2000 system (even the intro package) is the cat's meow. It's the cream of the crop. And especially for someone that doesn't want to spend a lot of time learning an interface, it's really ideal because it comes with so many great things right out of the box. Nearly 100 full-length shows. 3 CD's worth of frames and animations. The Winamp Laser visualizer plug-in. Asteroids. The abstract generator. I could go on and on, but I suppose I don't need to at this point; you already know what I'm going on about. You are ready to rock 5 min after you un-box the thing.

The only caveat is the cost. It's nearly 3 times the price of the LA Freak kit. Now, that's still going to be a small amount of money compared to what a pre-assembled RGB projector is going to cost you at retail, so perhaps in your position the cost of the software and the controller isn't as big of an issue. But for most hobbyists, every penny has to be accounted for, and for those people the FB3 is a more affordable option, even if it does offer less.

If you did go with the FB3, however, you'd soon need to start creating your own content to display on it. I don't think it comes with any shows at all.

Bottom line - If you've got the cash to spare, go with the LD-2000 package. You won't be sorry. (Quite the opposite... I promise you'll be blown away when you start playing with it and see all the cool stuff it comes with.)

And if you ever decide that you've over-spent yourself and need to cut back, I promise you that the LD-2000 system will be easier to sell and will hold it's value better than any other controller. (But once you get your LD-2000, selling it will be the last thing on your mind!)
    I just know that the UK Laser meet may well induce me to raid the piggy bank......
    We should have a banner at the top of PhotonLexicon that reads:

"Abandon all hope of solvency, all ye who enter here."

But no matter how much I spend, when I see that beautiful coherent light, I know it was worth it...

Adam

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kudos. Just a few minor points.

With the fall of the value of the US dollar against other major currencies, all of our systems are getting less and less expensive for people outside the US. In fact, if you compare the price of LD2000 Intro with other platforms, you often find that it is less expensive!! And despite the word "Intro" in the product name, it is really quite powerful (as others will attest)!

Best regards,

William Benner

I also have LD2000 intro since last week, but only received QM2000-card and .NET OEM-card. So, no CD's with the nearly 100 free shows, etc. I already had the LD2000 software on my laptop because I've done some shows with a friends QM2000.NET-set, but I'm a bit disappointed not having the free shows, frames, tutorials, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    I also have LD2000 intro since last week, but only received QM2000-card and .NET OEM-card. So, no CD's with the nearly 100 free shows, etc. I already had the LD2000 software on my laptop because I've done some shows with a friends QM2000.NET-set, but I'm a bit disappointed not having the free shows, frames, tutorials, etc.
    I would like to learn exactly how it was that you came into having the LD2000 system, and then the QM2000.NET, and the sequence of events surrounding all of this, whereby you do not have the frames, shows, and Tutorial DVD.

We have been shipping the Tutorial DVD for probably the better part of 3 years, and shipping the over 100 shows and over 300,000 frames for more than one year. So it tells me that your LD2000 system is not really new -- maybe acquired from someone other than Pangolin?

And when you buy only the QM2000.NET OEM module, that's all you get. If you wanted an updated CD/DVD set, that has to be specified at time of purchase...

Please contact me by private email to discuss these things.

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I would like to learn exactly how it was that you came into having the LD2000 system, and then the QM2000.NET, and the sequence of events surrounding all of this, whereby you do not have the frames, shows, and Tutorial DVD.
    Hi Bill,

I'm not making a big problem of it (don't worry) - I ordered the QM2000 + .NET OEM from Hugo. I think he always orders the QM's without CD and other accessoires for himself?

back to the point that is styrofoam the worst thing for a static sensative board to be in!?
    unless its that antistatic conductive stuff