Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My so called DAC

Default My so called DAC

Hi, don't laugh but this is my attempt at making housing for my FB3. It's not pritty but I think it's gonna be ok, it's dark at parties anyway.

I didnt know how to secure the board inside to the box so I left it flaoting in the polystrien that came with it. Is that gonna cause major heat up?

The ILDA cable just fixes to the male connection on the insdie whch holds it in place meaning that the cable will always have to be connected and hanging out otherwise the femail end will disappear inside hte box. The USB cable is super glued onto one of the wall so that it doesnt come out. SO that cable also is always going to be connected.

I'm fairly happy with it even though it looks like hell. I havent done wood word or soldering since school.

The soldering was actually realy hard. I couldnt get the ball of solder to stay on the tiny peice of metal and wire. I'm not looking forward to sodlering the 25 pin out ILDA connector inside the projector.

Anyway hope this has been amusing
    Graham

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thumbs up

Hey, looks better than what I could put together. I find it is much harder to construct something than it is to destruct it.

The question is, does it work?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I know you have put a lot into this but thats a lot of housing for a very small unit. You can buy really cheap plastic housings from electronics supply companies such as Maplin or Rapidelectronics. They are made of ABS plastic so are easy - if a bit messy - to work with and will keep it neat and tidy.

take a look for yourself here...
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...id=-2&doy=2m12

they do mail order or you can find where your local shop is and go in and look before you buy to se if it will be ok.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

and those polystyrene chips are great for storing static electricity in an insulated container ( wood ) and semiconductors dont like static

you could put your hand to pick up the PCB to find that the static discharges to you ... via the pcb ... thats why when most PCBs are sent in post in these chips they are in antistatic bags

( god that was hard to type with a hangover , sory for typos etc... )

back to bed

Karl

That is a bit large. I ordered a Protocase for my FB3. They did a great job and was well worth the $89 to keep the board safe! I'll take a pic when I get a chance.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Is it April 1st?

Ok I know its a little large, and didnt think about the static issue. WIll remove them when I get home.

Did I say mention that when I made that box I was hurrendously drunk, had a blind fold on and had hands tied behind my back?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    Did I say mention that when I made that box I was hurrendously drunk, had a blind fold on and had hands tied behind my back?
    Hmmm, didn't see that part. You suck then. You should stick to playing with lasers. Much safer than woodworking.