Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM MARK II set for March 1st, 2008

When is the Laser Meet going to happend in Norway ?

And since we are going to have a laser-meet every year.
    Why not have it in Las-Vegas

Then I can combine my holiday as well as a laserday.... haha

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

flem 2.3 is already sold out in vegas-
    go big or go home

I'm coming again. I think I'm getting hooked now. As long as things work out with our merger/takeover with FAU I'll be there, maybe with some better toys.

Cool

Sounds good! Yeah, it's easy to get hooked... I'm hoping that Clandestiny will bring one of his larger toys too, so it should be an interesting meet. Marconi said he might be able to bring a prototype of his quad red diode unit to demo for us. (yay!) Don't know yet if I'll have my HGM 5 working in time or not. Hope so though; as it's been on my to-do list since SELEM 2007!

Any chance you could bring one of those 457 nm DPSS blues? I've never seen one in real life...

Adam

Yeah I'd like to see some of Pauls' bigger toys.

HGM pulls are fun I had one of those for a while. It's dead and buried now though. Good little argon unit. There's a guy in Melbourne/Palm bay that has/had a garage full of them.

I'd like to bring the 457 unit. It's a beast and it's touchy. Maybe. I'm hoping with the merger it doesn't get asset tagged.. they've ignored most of our stuff but tagged some stupid shit like an apple IIgs in the corner.

If it's not tageed it doesn't exist ( according to the audit guy ) and it could be fair game after a while

Default Choo Choo to Florida..

Hey All,

I just booked passage on Amtrak to Orlando for FLEM M2. I'm going to be in town Friday afternoon Feb. 29th and hope to do some business with LSDI and Pangolin before Saturdays FLEM Meeting. I look forward to meeting everyone who attends.

P.s. Can anyone PM me the address to the meeting hall?

Best Regards,

Mark

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

ohh really- delaware huh? you'll have to pay the out of region intrusion fee to attend as your not from the southeast-
    or
    answer this free question-
    what are you planning to buy from lsdi?
    Last edited by clandestiny; 01-05-2008 at 20:01.
    go big or go home

Well, I have a TurboTrack2 amp that they modified for me to run GSI M2 scanners a few years ago before I realized they were useless for lasershows. Too Slow! I asked Greg to re-make the amp back to original specs to run Cambridge 6800's and G120D's. I'm also picking up a set of
    6800's for it and maybe a UGC as well.

Best Regards,

Mark

Cool

Hi Mark;

Delaware eh? Well, you win the contest for who has to travel the furthest! (Usually Spec wins that one, since it's a little farther from Atlanta to Orlando than it is from Charleston to Orlando.) Traveling by Amtrack, eh? How long will it take you to get to Orlando? (Just curious...) Are you going to rent a car once you're there? If not, we can probably arrange a ride for you if you can tell us where you'll be staying...

I'm guessing that since you're traveling by rail you'll want to travel light, but you might want to bring your laptop at least so you can swap videos and stuff with the other folks there. (I imagine it would be pretty hard to pack a laser projector for a train ride, so I suppose that's out.)

I sent you the address for the meeting hall via PM. We'll get things started around 10 AM Saturday morning, and run until around midnight or so. (Might go out for a beer or two afterwards, depending on how everyone feels.)

Adam

Lightbulb

Mark, PM me if you need a ride. I plan to take a long weekend that week and have wanted to run by LSDI. I work in Orlando, just the other side. Phyllis gave me a set of mirror mounts for my g120s.