Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM MARK II set for March 1st, 2008

Lightbulb FLEM MARK II set for March 1st, 2008

Hey guys!

On the heels of the very sucessful FLEM 1.5, we're getting ready for another Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting.

That's right - FLEM mark II will be held in downtown Orlando (same location as before) on Saturday, March 1st, 2008. Paul (Clandestiny) has graciously arranged for us to have the venue for the entire day (and evening!) free of charge. (Thanks Paul!) Things will get started at 11 AM and will probably run until around midnight or so.

Anyone is welcome to attend. Bring your lasers, you computers, and any other geek toys you'd like to show off. We'll have plenty of 110V power, plus up to 50 amps of single-phase 220 volt power (via the stove outlet in the kitchen) if anyone wants to bring a mid-frame ion laser. Water for cooling is also available, but saddly there isn't any 3 phase power. Lots of tables and chairs at the venue as well, so no need to bring your own unless you want to.

I'll bring my big fog machine and a couple fans. I'll also have my RGB projector, plus an 8-port N-way Ethernet switch if people want to link up their computers to swap files.

If you're planning on attending, please reply here in this thread and mention what you'd like to bring and/or what you'd like to see at the event. I believe DZ will not be able to attend, so we're probably going to need a sound system... (Maybe Paul can help us on that one.)

Adam

PS: If you need directions to the venue, send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

What !!!! No Zurcher? what the hells the point then?

BTW, there is three phase, but its delta, and currently there isn't an easy way to access it. If I have time to come up with something, I'll bring something to plug in to it-
    go big or go home

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    Haha! Actually I said something to that effect when he told me he might not be able to come. But fear not... All is not lost. Though he will be out of town, he just might be able to work out a deal where he flies into Orlando for the day. Details to follow as we get closer to the meet...

Also, I spoke with Bill Benner at Pangolin, and he said he was pretty sure he'd be able to make it. (Hard to predict 3 months in advance, but chances are good.)

Marconi was also thinking about attending, and I'm trying to get him to bring a couple toys for show and tell... (Like the blue ray modules and the red quad unit)
    Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    BTW, there is three phase, but its delta, and currently there isn't an easy way to access it. If I have time to come up with something, I'll bring something to plug in to it-
    Ok - that sounds cool. Yeah, I remember we talked about the 3 phase issue last time and decided against it in the name of simplicity. But if you want to tackle it this time, I'm game. (Delta eh? Gotta watch out for the stinger leg then...)

Adam

Touché!

Well look at it this way, I can always kidnap Spec and drag him down from Atlanta! With his car, we will be there in 30minutes!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Touché!

Well look at it this way, I can always kidnap Spec and drag him down from Atlanta! With his car, we will be there in 30minutes!
    Well there you go... Issue resolved. I should be able to make the drive down there. If I can keep the projector going until then, we might be able to watch mine for a change.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thats great news Allthat, hows it running? Did you end up getting those DT-40's or are they still sorta MIA?

Lightbulb

Still MIA. I haven't swung by the offices to mount a search. There wasa mix up on one of the mirrors of the 30K scanpros Adam did his review on so they are not as tuned as they could be. Bill told Adam I could bring them by and he'd tune em up for me. I might be able to browse for them then. Other than that they are still tuned well enough to watch some shows.

I got the greeny from dave last night and had scanned white light for the first time since I sent the scaneco 20s off to Geroge... atleast a month ago. The laser FX was OK until the LE green finaly crapped out. I have been RBPing it for a few weeks and the G120s don't like the "high" beams that are in many of the canned beam shows from the Pango disk. So last night was the best my projector has been in many, many moons. The new blue I got off eBay isn't producing what it should but balances my other lasers very well, too bad it is not analog. I may try to see of the seller wil swap it for a slightly lower powered analog one before I post a review. I still need to do a little rewiring to button a few things up. Then I may start to think about putting in a shutter and a key lock.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I still need to do a little rewiring to button a few things up.

If only you'd let me get my hands on that projector for about a week or two. I could whip it into shape......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post

If only you'd let me get my hands on that projector for about a week or two. I could whip it into shape......
    Hey, 4 or 5 hours per meet... 84 meets and it could be done.

I really only want to take everything from the ILDA connector and put it all on a bus bar so I can swap thing out easier if needed. I'd also like a little more length on the cables. O, and the galvo cables I have from the plug suck. Mainly just clean it up so it looks like... yours. Atleast from a wiring perspective.

Cool

Aaron, you should see if you can swing a road-trip up to Jacksonville... I'll bet David could get that projector working perfectly in a day - two tops! Seriously, see if the two of you can get together at some point that is convenient for both of you. (Maybe on a weekend or something...)

Re: the ScanPro 30's... Yeah, I didn't think about the re-mounting that would be required due to your projector's optical layout (which is opposite from mine.) Get with Bill at Pangolin though... He said he'd be willing to tweak them again for you. No charge. (Plus it's always great to check in with the dudes at Pangolin... See what Hayden is up to and all that!)

Sorry to hear about the problems with the dpss blue from E-bay. You can't catch a break, can you? Hopefully Extreme Lasers will step up to the plate and make things right.

Look on the bright side though: At least you have all three lasers in your projector! I'm *still* waiting for my Lasever Blue to come back from China. (Been a month now, and no word from David Wu at all, despite numerous e-mails.) Grrrr...

Adam