Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norm's Parallel Port DAC - great customer service!

Default Norm's Parallel Port DAC - great customer service!

This is long overdue...

I just wanted to write a quick note to recommend Norm's Parallel Port DAC - I goofed up the first one, and Norm really helped me out.

Great customer service all round!

Steve

Same here Steve, I ordered the DAC and PSU from him via EBay and I agree, he is always ready to help.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

i also purchased one of his dacs off ebay a while back and agree, excellent customer service

yes i also ordered the Dac from Norm great help when need and very fast responses. Phenomenal seller.
    -Adam

Norm has now moved onto a USB DAC ( I have one here) and has updated NLS now to RGB capability. Take a look at his site to see more.
    http://74.58.33.200:81/

I have been talking to him recently over Live Messenger about modifications to the DAC and SWare and getting my DAC set up. A few teething problems but as usual his fantastic service shone through and it's now all working fine
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

It's nice to see a USB DAC kit but it only has 8 bits for X & Y and only TTL color outputs. I want to see the guy succeed but $150 for basically a USB Popelscan DAC is not very good.

Hmmmm - Well it certainly works very well indeed and to be honest I would say £75 was a very good price for it.

Norm has also promised Mamba compatiability on the FSX (Framestreamer Express) USB board and Audio Triggering for the SW which for what I want it for will be great

He is also one of the nicest chaps I have ever dealt with!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Audio triggering is now done and he is now working on an abstract pattern generator.

Top chap!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Same here. The quality of the USB DAC is impressive!

Norm has just released NLS Version 1.6.6 and the Audio triggering now works very well.
    http://74.58.33.200:81/

Release notes here: http://74.58.33.200:81/Download/ReleaseNotes.txt
    He has also added Mamba Black (up to version 1.9) for his Framestreamer Express DAC.

Very impressive stuff for the price!

My set up works a treat
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!