Thread: UK Laser Meet - an opportunity...

Default UK Laser Meet - an opportunity...

Hello All,

Reading some of the other threads, it really looks like this event will be bringing together quite an unprecedented collection of display lasers. Laser Steve and I will be bringing 5 Watts between us alone and it'll be interesting to see what the final tally will be with regards to raw photon power.

It's heartening and reassuring to see that the very valid safety concerns are now being discussed ahead of the event in other threads. Imagine the tragic irony of the situation if someone actually got hurt at this event!
    Regarding power however, the phrase "qaulity not quantity" seems very apt for the nature of this indoor event and I'm really looking forward to enjoying people's individual displays on ANY setup as I truly love lasers and the passion that people show for them.

Having said all of the above (and I'm now getting to my point), I hope there will be an organised photo/video oportunity at some point in the day with as many setups as possible running in all their glory.

Maybe some of you with more experience in Laser Display photography than I have could think about this and post your thoughts and ideas on how we could get some spectacular pictures.... (and how not to fry our CCDs!)

Just a thought.

Regards,
    Pete

Hi pete

I have no idea if there will be an opportunity to get everyone together for a photo as the meet is very open and free in terms of timings , as last time theres a general opening time , a break for dinner and then no booked closing time so it really is just a case as last time of seeing what happens as the day goes . Also some people are only visiting for a half day or evening so when to arrange it could be difficult

Before the last meet i sent out a post asking for ideas for an iterinary and it was met by a deathly silence so i think theres a "general demand" for no iterinary

A group photo will be great , but like last time it will likely be one persons suggestion and going round everyone suggesting to do it

or alternatively lets say 4.45pm , just before dinner break

See ya Soon

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

i will be bringing my camera, video camera and note pad.

i plan on doing the same as last time, taking sh*t loads of photos and video, plus ill be going round writing things down about each persons kit.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Hi Guys;

Though I won't be attending your event (at least not this time), I would like to comment on something that Pete and Paul mentioned above - an itinerary.

We have never had an itinerary at any of the Laser Enthusiast Meetings we've had over here, and for the most part I think that has been a good thing. Part of the fun is allowing people to split off into small groups and kibitz.

It's good to have a general idea as to the types of things that you want to get accomplished, (such as a group picture, a break for lunch, a time when all the lasers are on at full power), but I think it works better when you don't have a fixed timetable for them. In fact, the only fixed event we've ever had was the pre-SELEM party at the Artist's Cafe the night before SELEM started. (That was a great idea, though the bar tab was huge.!.)

I suppose at some point these events will get large enough that a free-for-all atmosphere will not work, but right now I think that's part of the charm. Just my $.02 worth, anyway...

I hope you all have a great time. Be sure to post lots of pictures! (Maybe Spec will have the new gallery software fully functional by then so he can set some more people up with access.?.)

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 02-06-2008 at 06:43.

ahhh ooops , we missed a group photo ! jeex how did we manage to forget that ...... errr i mean Grrrr ANDY ! how did YOU manage to forget that ! ...thats was the job of the officially unofficial phoptographer !

Neverr mind ye will be forgiven the minute that DVD lands on my doorstop ...and dont forget to runa few extras off for our american cousins .... or sedn one to bufffo for redistrubution

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

LOL yeah sorry "my" bad.

i am just waiting for everyone to upload their photos, like ive said the dvd is done, its just the photos now.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat