Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser + music intro !!

One of the best intros for a Sensation-website is the German-one (http://www.sensation-white.de/de/sit...270&height=965) - You'll find the MP3 @ http://jeroen.smash-productions.nl/seduction.mp3

Cool

I don't disagree that you need to start off slow and let the show build up, but I never really liked the voice-overs. Call me old-school I guess.

The Pink Floyd Laser Show Spectacular that is currently touring the US is a good example. The show starts out with the song "Time". First you hear the alarm clocks, and on the screen you see some fleeting laser graphics that show ringing alarms and stuff... But then that solid bass note hits, and all you see is a single, bright laser beam blasting over the audience. It scans slowly from side to side. Then, when the next note hits, the beam splits into two beams, and they slowly bounce off each other as they scan back and fourth. The beam color changes a couple times, as the beat changes, but everything is moving very slow. It's an awesome effect, and a hell of a great way to open a show.

That sort of intro is very cool, and I agree that it makes a show much better when you build up from something simple like that.

But the announcer with the deep voice? Eh, that's too much for me.

Adam

i like the announcer, gets things going. you have to have one who sounds like that but it does work, even in the states. You should hear the crowd roar. Ie, the Tiesto show you didnt make it to in Atlanta, lol had to rub that in.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    You should hear the crowd roar. Ie, the Tiesto show you didnt make it to in Atlanta, lol had to rub that in.
    Oh man... You know how to hurt a guy don't you? That would have been my largest show to date (4000 +) Sigh... Sorry I missed it, but from the way it worked out you almost missed it too!

Next time buddy, next time.

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

My favorite is the intro track to a lousy old broadway show called "They're playing our song"
    Anybody here play piano?

starts out with a slow tinny toy piano doing

Do re me so la ti do

then the orchestra chimes in full blast

da ta da dat da ta da

Then a slightly faster do re me on a toy piano

then the orchestra again,

then even faster do re me on a real piano

then the orchestra blasts off

then the pianist goes nutz, like a piano heavy metal guitar solo,

followed by a final orchesta goes nutz thing.

one beam each on do re me .... you get the idea

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    My favorite is the intro track to a lousy old broadway show called "They're playing our song"
    Anybody here play piano?

starts out with a slow tinny toy piano doing

Do re me so la ti do

then the orchestra chimes in full blast

da ta da dat da ta da

Then a slightly faster do re me on a toy piano

then the orchestra again,

then even faster do re me on a real piano

then the orchestra blasts off

then the pianist goes nutz, like a piano heavy metal guitar solo,

followed by a final orchesta goes nutz thing.

one beam each on do re me .... you get the idea

Steve
    Then audience scan with 40 watts of green! Sorry i wont try to be funny again.

Talking

I agree that the "deep voice" is not suitable for all introes
    But you must agree that in a hypah rave youth party it can be a nice effect to add into the extacy flow..... :P

But to be serious..
    I guess you all have heard this one :

Strauss, Richard - Also Sprach Zarathustra ?

I dont think you can find a more known "intro" sample than that..
    Used in EVERY submarine movies there is..
    And dont forget every UFO movies lol

But it`s a nice short clip, and I also want to try make a intro with lasers and Strauss, Richard .... to just show the "Older" folx maybe..

How about a toy piano and an orchestrial heavy metal guitar solo topped by an exploding pyrotechnical shockwave that is felt for 10 miles and 100 50 Watt RGB projectors all pointed upwards towards the clouds illuminating everything within a 100 mile radius and.. .. but I digress..

Lightbulb Here's a small but effective fx tip...

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    Do you know of a intro that can be used as a intro ???
    Hey Liteglow -

Here's a friendly fx tip - more of a 'lead-in' than a true Intro, but it is a great way to 'open the lasers up' without exploding-out every time - (and sometimes, you don't HAVE a great intro-song like 'Money' (but, good ref, Adam! you're right - they do a killer job...

Both the concept and creation are very simple - but it works best when the Client/Event has only 3 letters that quickly and easily IDs them/the gig (ie: FAA, AAA, USA, SEX, etc -but if their letters are like, 'UNICEF' or something really long - if they don't get it, it doesn't work as well. But when it can work, it really, really does - we've never seen it fail to get em screaming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbx1lpca4m0

Once you have 'broken the ice' (and have their full attention), now you can blow them away with the 'main dish'... ... I mean, you CAN use other things (ie: a simple logo, word, etc) in place of the 'THX-style' graphix, but it just makes the 'oh, I get it' a lot quicker for them if you can tie it in with 3 letters - and when it is THEIR 3 letters...wham-o!

PS - I know this is a LOUSY clip, but I merely put it up to show you the idea, (and we can't post flix, here, yet)... ALSO, this track (Next To Nothing by FatBoy Slim) is a great Intro track - has a nice, trippy, slow build up, with LOTS of perfect ops for sines, starfields, etc - great sfx, too: windchimes, little space-gerbils chirping, etc - this is a shorter lead-in Edit we did for this show module - the original tracks' lead-in is nice and slow...it doesn't 'blow up' for a full minute - LOTS of time to 'play'!

PPS - This clip is also 3 bloody years old - check out our new scrim material in this more recent clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aE4trk7pvY

LOTS more 'pass-thru' and good, clear graphics...(though this video conversion SUX - totally blown-out.. the silver-grey version of this material nearly disappears in the dark, for a better 'quazi-3-D' effect... (PPPS - this is a show module I personally did, entirely hand-drawn and colored, (except for ONE animation, the T-Rex) with just simple follow-path/rotational fx applied; a few frame-
    animations, but mostly moving stills to 'tell the story'; beams were also done live (which you can tell around 2:00, when I left the board to check the camera, and blew my cues! at least I caught up quick...

TIP: click play, then pause, let it finish downloading (so it won't 'lag' on you) and TURN YOUR SPEAKERS UP!!!
    ...lemme know whatcha think... - peace..

- j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...