Thread: Cambridge Tech 6800HP mount

Default Cambridge Tech 6800HP mount

Thats the guy I'm looking for because I was stupid and decided to mill the mount to make it flat and discovered that it's angular for a very very good reason. So any one has a source of them. Cambridge is on holiday right now. How much it is and if it would be cheaper to get my local T&D milling shop make me one.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

As an alternative you could just get a wedge made to replace the bit you got shut of. Im sure its 15 degrees - would be easy for a amchine shop to knock one up - or if you managed to mill it off could you not make one yourself?
    If I had a block of ally suitable I would mill it up for you but im in UK so not v practical...

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

http://onestoplasershop.com/hardware.htm You get 10% off the price shown and it ships same day as well.

Thanks,
    OSLS

I have to make sure its base is angular as shown on lasefx picture about 15-20digres . Flat base is useless for me. I already have a flat base and because of angle I'm loosing good 100mw.

The mount we sell is both left and right hand feed so the X & Y scanner pair come into the mount perpendicular, because of this the angled bottom is not necessary. We have been selling these for as long as 6800's have been on the market.

OSLS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    I have to make sure its base is angular as shown on lasefx picture about 15-20digres . Flat base is useless for me. I already have a flat base and because of angle I'm loosing good 100mw.
    How exactly are you loosing 100mW from the angle being wrong - or ratehr no angle?

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

I checked and I have a few new Cambridge mounts in stock but unfortunately we sell them for the same price as Cambridge negating your discount.

OSLS

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    How exactly are you loosing 100mW from the angle being wrong - or ratehr no angle?

Rob
    Because I flattened the base of my mount. I had to readjust the Y galvo to be ~55 digress instead of required 45 digress. The nature of those galvo mirrors is that they have to be 45 otherwise they start to leak the light. When I readjust it back to 45 I have no leaks but the image is displayed inside my projector case.

Anyways I'm going to my garage shop and will try to make a piece I cut.

Ahh Ok. Dielectric mirrors Of course I understand now.
    Im sur you can knock a wedge up no probs

Rob