Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lasever help - wiring

Default Lasever help - wiring

HI,

i have a 100mw blue and green lasever module.

how do i wire the blanking up? this is how the psu looks -

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

I can't see your picture (imagebucket is blocked at work), but if you have Lasever units, then you should have two wires (a red one and a black one) coming out of each driver unit.

When they ship from the factory, those wires may be connected to the +5 and GND terminals on the driver unit. If so, you'll need to disconnect them.

The red wire is your + blanking wire, and the black one is ground. Both black wires will connect to pin 25 (ground) on your ILDA connector. Connect the red wire from the GREEN laser driver to pin number 6 on the ILDA connector, and connect the red wire from the BLUE laser driver to pin number 7 on the ILDA connector.

Adam

Do you know if you can connect 5v directly to the screw terminals instead of using the plug? The reason why I ask is because I am going to use one big 5V supply to power all three of my lasers and not use the small one that came with the lasever laser that plugs into the unit pictured. I'd rather just connect to the screw terminals, if possible, instead of rigging up a plug.

Cool

Yes, you can use those screw terminals to supply power to the driver. You don't need to use the mini-plug socket.

I plan to do the same thing to my projector, but I'm going to wait until the next revision to do so. (When I add the second blue laser and the 635 nm red.)

Adam

how does that work???

surely those two screw connectors output 5v and are not inputs???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

They can be both inputs *and* outputs. They're nothing more than a set of terminals that are common with the 5 volt input from the mini-plug socket.

The plug socket is connected to those terminal screws by traces on the PCB board for the driver, and from there the traces run back to supply power to the rest of the driver board. When you plug in the "brick" style power supply to the plug socket, you not only power the driver board but also supply power to those terminal screws. (The brick supplies 5 VDC.)

If you remove the plug from the socket and instead conenct your + 5 volt DC power supply to the terminal screws, you still power the driver board. And now the open mini-plug socket has +5 volts available on it, though I doubt Carmangary has any intention of using it for anything...

Adam

sweet

so ive been in the shed for 5 hours working on my scanner and have stopped cos i dont have any of those little plug in connectors. but now i can go back and just screw 5v to the two screws

haha nice
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yep... you sure can!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    The reason why I ask is because I am going to use one big 5V supply to power all three of my lasers...
    Exactly what i've done and it works perfectly.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Those 2 wires that connect to +5 and G are the blanking wires. Terminals on modulator (Power supply is a a different unit) is just aux 5V power to power whatever. Fan for example.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!