Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 400mw+ 532nm Group Buy, Animation software and galvos

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    How do we know that you are actually him? For all we know, you could just be a person using his feedback to scam us.
    I was thinking the same thing... I have a hard time trusting someone whose first of only a few posts consist of asking for $ in a group buy...

Tell you what,

I'll send a message through ebay to you from f.is.f.is.f and you reply to it and quote this message.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Lightbulb

i only asked for a price and a picture and im still waiting..................waiting.................. ......waiting

Cool

Personally, I'll never enter into a group buy with someone that just joined the forum a week ago, has less than 100 posts, and is already trying to arrange a group buy. All the evasive answers he posted are just icing on the cake.

Adam

Default New Postings

Actually, I was asked by several people to join this website/forum group. I have been hesitant to join anything that is not a professional organization. I also don't think much about people that instantly blast you for making a posting like they are some perfect knowledgebase of the facts. The fact is that these people do not know my background and how many years I have been working on many different type of optical and laser items as well as the many contacts I have in the professional lasershow industry. It is very narrowminded to thing that you know everything and everyone only wants what you want or think is relavent to you. I can promise you there are many people that can take advantage of the help I can bring them. I also think that allot of users would be glad to save a couple hundred dollars off a purchase and be able to use that money for some other use instead of just lining the pockets of a seller. I am guessing some of the replies I have been getting are from different sellers who do not want to part with their profits. Happy Holidays!

Default Joining forum

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Personally, I'll never enter into a group buy with someone that just joined the forum a week ago, has less than 100 posts, and is already trying to arrange a group buy. All the evasive answers he posted are just icing on the cake.

Adam
    If you are going to make a post a least make the information you state accurate. I joined the website 6 -months to a year ago. Sorry I have other things going on in my life besides sitting on here and badmouthing other people that are just trying to help save others money and help them with the knowledge they have gained from many years of experience. Happy Holidays!

Three months ago

Either way, we're not here to ream you, people just wanted questions answered. I know many of us can be anxious to get those answers and this progresses (and has the snowball-effect) as time goes on.

While Photon Lexicon may not be a "Professional Organization" it is comprised of many professionals and many people who are here to help the undereducated (in regards to laser shows). While your efforts are noted, we do appreciate them. I think people just wanted some rigid answers, up to this point, from my opinion it seems you have been unavailable to provide them. I (and I am sure I'm not alone saying this) have no doubt that you are a busy person. We all have lives too, and we are all very busy. But don't let being busy stop you from answering a few questions. After all you had the time to come here and post twice today.

I have a hard time using eBay feedback as proof that anyone is trustworthy or that their products are trustworthy. Simply due to the fact that it has a limited time span that allows the buyer to become fully familiar with a product and usually is very short lived compared to the warranty of a product. On top of it all most users post feedback when they get the product or a few days after. Granted yes you can revoke or modify feedback to an extent. But still its not a very effective way to give a quantitative or qualitative estimate of the quality of a product or service.

I ask what manufacturer it is, not because I want to go behind your back to buy them direct. But simply because I would be able to get some more information regarding the lasers. Rather than the one you have been distributing constantly. I doubt if I purchased a laser from your GB that it would come producing 447mW. In fact the laws of probability state that the probability that one observation is equal to an exact number is equal to zero. On top of it all, I am just trying to help get the right answers that people are looking for, since I am not currently looking for a 400mw 532nm laser, I have one that is producing over 1W currently being shipped to me.

Like I said earlier... we're not trying to bash you in any way. Please don't read this post as if I am trying to bash you. I am actually just stating an opinion. After all thats whats great about this internet thing... it allows us to express that freely...

GreatCornholio, why don't you put us all out of our misery and revive a bit of trust in yourself by answering the simple questions up above....Like price

Angry GreatCornholio = Great Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by GreatCornholio View Post
    I have other things going on in my life
    Yeah, you have other things going on, so you couldn't be bothered to make *any* posts in the 3 months since you joined, and when you finally decided to post, it was in the group buy forum. (This is what I was basing my comment above on. Not your join date, but your first post.)

Then you start a group buy thread with little (scratch that, NO) information about what you're selling. People ask questions, and your very next post is offensive and rude. (I'm refering to your "Lamer's Forum" crack.") So rather than supplying information and being helpful you get defensive. As if people should automatically respect your authority even though we don't know dick about you?

And now you're trying to claim that you're only here to save us money and help us with the knowledge you've gained?

*BULLSHIT* !!!

Where the hell have you been these last three months? Why haven't you jumped in on any of the threads and offered to help someone with your "knowledge". There have been plenty of threads that have raised thorny questions... Questions that an expert like yourself could have answered easily. But you've remained silent.

I don't give a shit if Spec himself invited you to the forums. You haven't shown anyone that you're here to help. And you haven't offered any contributions to the forums in the few months that you've been signed up. All you've done is post a lame message making some wild claims about the great deals you can supposedly arrange for us on some TTL-only lasers that aren't really what we're looking for in the first place. (Which you would have known if you had read some of the threads over the past three months.) You sound like a leech to me.

If you have years of experience in the laser show industry and / or in the sale of lasers and optical components, then why haven't you participated in any other discussions? Oh. That's right. You've been too busy. How convenient. Well guess what? *EVERYONE* is busy! We all have our own lives, our own jobs, and our own families to attend to. But we take time out from our schedule to check in here and help out the group. What the fuck makes you so special?

Personally, I don't care if you are a professional or not. I don't care if you can get me a great deal on a laser or not. Lots of people can get me a great deal on a laser. But what I value a lot more is the person that will take time out from their busy day to offer advice and / or assistance to people when they need it. To me, that's more valuable than saving $100 on a laser.

You think the reason people are cracking on you is because they're your competitors? WRONG! They're bashing you because you're acting like an ass! Like you don't have a clue what the forums are for. Like you've never participated in one before. And like you're another huckster out to make a buck and nothing more.

Screw the "Happy Holidays"... Go to hell dude.

Adam