Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me out with this RGB laser purchase

Yow! That's expensive... nice kit and all, but *OUCH*! Expensive.

Adam

0,8W full color SPECTRUM 2000
    "new professional outdoor air cooled white light laser system" consist of 8W green 532nm DPSS laser, 8W blue/457 DPSS laser, 5W/650nm+2W/635nm red diode, input power 230V/3A {on request 110V},analog {RGB} modulation, color scale 16,8 mil., completed in an aluminium housing for standard ILDA connectors, power consumption 2000VA, acceptable weight and easy maintenance, beam divergence 1,5mrad, beam diameter 4mm X,Y scanning system CT6215 scanners with speed up to 30k

OOOh 23w for the 800mW price! I like!

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    0,8W full color SPECTRUM 2000
    "new professional outdoor air cooled white light laser system" consist of 8W green 532nm DPSS laser, 8W blue/457 DPSS laser, 5W/650nm+2W/635nm red diode, input power 230V/3A {on request 110V},analog {RGB} modulation, color scale 16,8 mil., completed in an aluminium housing for standard ILDA connectors, power consumption 2000VA, acceptable weight and easy maintenance, beam divergence 1,5mrad, beam diameter 4mm X,Y scanning system CT6215 scanners with speed up to 30k

OOOh 23w for the 800mW price! I like!
    I only have a price for 15W = 84K EUR!

800mw is 9K EUR with LM and 11K EUR with CT!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

So on the KVANT site on the bottom left hand corner there is a link for the video of the lasers' demo.

I though I saw that as a Media-Las demo a while ago... anyway... does anyone know what music is playing in the background?

http://www.lasershow.sk/videa/peugeot2007.wmv

thats a link to the download

Here are the diode details from the manufacturer.Do u guys still think red will diverge a lot from a diode with following specs:
    M2 factor <1.2
    Beam divergence, full angle (mrad) <1.5
    Beam diameter at the aperture (mm) ~2.0
    ~3.0
    Beam height from base (mm) 24.8
    Spectral linewidth (nm) <0.1
    Polarization ratio >100:1 (0 or 90 degree)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Pit8ull;

Remember that we're not talking about beams here. Elvis wants the projector for a graphics show on a scrim. In this case, DZ is correct; 500 mw of 635 nm red will be fine, but 500 mw of 660nm would be way too dim.

In any case, the non-linearity you're speaking of really comes into play with multi-watt beams. Since this whole projector is under a watt (total), the standard chart for color response applies.

Elvis;

As to whether the projector is appropriate for the intended use - I have a few reservations. One, it's TTL only, and you really want analog blanking for graphics. (Beamshows work OK with TTL, but you want those extra colors and shades for your graphics.) Two, the beam diameter of that 635 nm laser is probably going to be a LOT larger than the other two, and that will make the graphics look funny.

See how much extra it would cost to get analog blanking, and ask some pointed questions about beam diameter and divergence for all three lasers.

Adam

Sounds like some really good beam specs like close to that of green or blue. Really makes me wonder though.

Can anyone tell me what the M squared factor is supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    Here are the diode details from the manufacturer.Do u guys still think red will diverge a lot from a diode with following specs:
    M2 factor <1.2
    ~3.0

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    M2 factor <1.2
    ~3.0
    not with a 635 diode...

most 635 diodes have 5mrad or more of divergence. the best 635 I've seen are still 3.xmrad. There is some new stuff out that is down to 1.5 but the diode alone would cost what the projector does. if you go more than a few feet it'll make a big difference, everything will have a red edge to it.

Another thing, the scanners may not good enough for your purpose. Spec say 30k but I am afraid that is not always the case in reality with cheap Chinese lasers.