Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interesting test the blue laser till to die?

Thumbs up wow!!!!!!!!

Congratulation to winner------ marconi!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Interesting game

Cheers from S-KY

Luke

Enjoy the Holidays Chuck!!! Haha!

Thank you Bridge.. and everyone
    It will be my pleasure to put this unit through my torture tests.

I plan on cycling the power on and off many times and test the modulation for recovery. Alternate between Full CW one day and sweep the analog/TTL input the next. It should be fun but not too boring of a test.
    I promise it will be a fair test, no biased opinions if I can help it. But honest.

I will post the results of course as time progresses.

Again, Thanks and Merry Christmas to all at LW

Thanks Max., You too my friend
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Of course we can't wait to see how long and more importantly how interesting that thread becomes!

Make sure we all see plenty of pictures!

Good decision Bridge.

I'm sure Marconi is far more qualified than I (or indeed a fair proportion of us) would ever be to carry out this sort of test. I look forward to the results in about a years time

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

thanks, thanks for all of you cheers.
    I 'd like our laser can bear, suffer, tolerance all marconi 's torture test, wish it will strong survive, till now, it worked well, 26*24=624 hours had gone, yes, be honest, I must agree, we only power it on and left it full CW working all days and night, no blanking, no torture like marconi will do, so I also expect the result as all of you.
    yes, I love laser, all of my effort is want to do better and better lasers, we just on the way, will worker more harder. in veryone LW's heart, nothing is impossible.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Congratulations Chuck! There's a little enviousness out here (kidding) -have fun!! Some video of it running would be kool. (or pics)

Cool

Outstanding choice! I'm sure Marconi will put that laser through a rigorous test. And I'm pleased that he plans to test both the continuous power performance and the rapid blanking performance that is more common to light show use.

Well done.

Now, Anyone want to take a guess as to how many months it will take for this laser to die? (remember, even if the laser is only rated for 5000 hours mttf, that's still 7 months from now...) I'm predicting that it will last into 2009...

Adam

Lightbulb December 29th 2010

Uh, oh... now you've done it. Whoever guesses a date closest to the actual failure date wins... what, the dead laser. We can set up a fan group for it, personalized videos, take pictures of it projecting frame scan requests (we can have it burn it's serial # onto a photograph with a focusing lens to "sign" them). I have an old laptop and can drag up an old webcam; let's give it a webpage. And we all have to make a pilgramage to Chuck's house before it dies.

Wow, that was a full on inspirational moment. I felt touched... by something. O, I forgot, T Shirts.

Sorry, it is all this Holiday excitment.

Thanks again for the excitement bridge. You probably couldn't have picked a better member to full test and tourture a laser. I hope this doesn't take away from his "real" job of making lasers. Maybe Maxy will beat on it a little also.

Now you are going to have to put up a red and green also. Then, before all three die, a "LEM" pilgramage with all three will have to take place, and they can all be placed in a holy projector ,which you will have to supply parts for also (I'll supply the wooden opticalboard), and we will watch insipartional shows from.

And Chuck... remember...