Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Never using DHL again

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Speaking of the grating has anyone heard from Mark (Fluff) lately? I wanted to buy two actuators from him, however, I have lost all contact with him for about 2 weeks... hmmm hope he's alright
    Max

The day he posted the actuator stuff I paid him for 2 - and Im still waiting I have found this with Mark he does take his time and sometimes seems to disappear off the face of the earth - I know why this is - its cos he is very busy with things. I would get pissed off and rant and rave but he is the nicest bloke you could ever meet which is probaly why hes so busy - he just says yes to everyone & everything but on that basis Im not gonna throw my rattle out the pram - not yet anyway

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    I love that you're using a jigger as a mount for the diffraction grating! Now if only it was filled with rum... (Then again, that might pose a fire risk...)

Glad you got your laser Max!

Adam

Can you ignite rum with a laser? I know you can do small quantities like a drop or so, I've done it with oil, but never tried lighting off a shotglass of rum or some other hard liquor.

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Max

The day he posted the actuator stuff I paid him for 2 - and Im still waiting I have found this with Mark he does take his time and sometimes seems to disappear off the face of the earth - I know why this is - its cos he is very busy with things. I would get pissed off and rant and rave but he is the nicest bloke you could ever meet which is probaly why hes so busy - he just says yes to everyone & everything but on that basis Im not gonna throw my rattle out the pram - not yet anyway

Rob
    Yeah, thats why I am not mad... well I think I used up all my 'mad' for 2008 with this DHL thing I'm just wondering where he is, and of course, we all get busy. Oh well.. I'll be waiting patiently

Quote Originally Posted by Aseras View Post
    Can you ignite rum with a laser? I know you can do small quantities like a drop or so, I've done it with oil, but never tried lighting off a shotglass of rum or some other hard liquor.
    I guess it would depend on the liquor and its transparency or translucent-ness I bet you could light a shotglass full if you had a laserscope 40-some-watter. But with my 1 watt, you would probably need like a black surface right under the surface of the liquor
    to absorb enough of the heat

Default DHL Trouble

Sorry to hear about your DHL trouble. I think that all shippers will have some delays for the holidays. The real issue is that in much of Asia, DHL is your best bet so you don't really have much choice. For example, I would not ship a laser Fed-Ex to China, Singapore or Korea. I would use Fed-Ex to the UK. In my experience, the key is to make sure all the international paperwork is clean! Then cross your fingers.

I am sure everyone has a few shipping horror stories

Happy New Year!
    Laseray