Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Never using DHL again

Angry Never using DHL again

WARNING [rant]
    So to give everyone the run down.

In the past I have used DHL and have been very happy with their level of service, until this week.

I had a package shipped (my green laser) from China on Tuesday through international express (3-4 days if customs cooperates). I expected to receive my laser Friday, at the LATEST Monday.

The tracking # on DHL didn't start to show any activity until ~Friday, where it showed that it was in China, shortly after it was cleared from US Customs.

Yeah, that made me happy....

The package over the weekend gave me many updates while in San Fran and Clinton Field, Ohio. The last update I have was from SUNDAY!

So I called DHL on Moday asking where my package was. They said it was on route to Illinois. I asked if it were possible that I would be getting the package Monday night. They responded 'well your area does deliver until 6:30pm so it's possible, but so you don't get your hopes up, it'll will arrive on Tuesday.

Tuesday roll around. Eager to finish an exam and have the 'pat-on-the-back for a job well done' package at my house. It's a no go.

I call DHL again. After being on hold for about 10-15 minutes, someone picks up and asks for my name and the package #. She puts me on hold. 5 minutes of painful hold music later (of course the hold music only added to the fury). Next I hear a click. SHE HUNG UP ON ME!

I call back. I tell the person whats happening and she says "I can see you are having a wonderful experience with DHL...." of course I respond just as sarcastically 'oh yes....'

She traces the package even searches the UFO Database (where packages w/lost labels go). And she finds it... well sort of... The last actual scan of the package was leaving Ohio, and now it is in a mass of packages stuck in Illinois. She said because the midwest was expecting some heavy weather (not really... ok an inch of snow doesn't scare us) they routed the package to that hub because it would have a faster delivery time than by air and would be "safer for the package." She said 'I can understand your frustration, and you will start to see updates online tonight, as the hub starts to process your package. You will get it tomorrow.'

Wednesday morning. I've set up email and SMS alerts from day one, so since I have not received an email or a text message in the night I know today is looking doubtful, but I have an exam to take. I take my exam, have an employee review with my boss. The exam went pretty well, the review went better - GREAT DAY!

I get home... nothing... I check the tracking... "Clinton Field Ohio" STILL?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

I call again! This person is worthless... no help whatsoever! She said well maybe it got stuck in customs.... I am giving her more information regarding the location of the package than she is giving me. Is there something wrong here?!?! She told me I will get it "TOMORROW" IF I HEAR TOMORROW AGAIN I WILL DRIVE TO ILLINOIS AND PICK UP MY OWN FREAKING PACKAGE. I could probably apply, get hired, trained, grab my package personally faster than they could deliver it.

Quite frankly that devil smiley doesn't cut it... it's got too much of a smile on its face!!!!!

Allwhich.... help!

I digress...

2 Words
    1st word sounds like duck
    2nd word... well acronym for Don't Haul Lasers....

http://pantrant.blogspot.com/2006/10...or-whacky.html
    Found this while in the heat of my rant....

[/rant]

How's everyone else's week thus far?

That's how it goes sometimes. Unfortunately, UPS and FedEx are no better and USPS is a nightmare.

Smile

Max, it sounds like you just caught them on a bad day. Historically, DHL has been quite reliable for the people I've dealt with. And especially with regard to items coming out of China - DHL is always on the short list of preferred shippers. (FedEx is good too, but more expensive, and there's another company that I can't think of right now that's supposed to be really good - MechEng3 uses them a lot, but the name escapes me...)

Take heart, your laser will be there soon. (At least you've only been waiting a couple extra days so far. I had to wait a month for my Lasever to come back!)

Adam

Yeah... I was in more of a rant mode than anything... Like I said I have used them before, and was more than pleased.

It just bugs me that I have to wait longer

And just so you guys know, I still dont have the inbound scan for the Illinois hub yet, so that means its still waiting....

It's xmas time. Everything related to postal service is very screwed. Thats normal!.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

One of my pointers from china was shipped DHL, the delivery man sat in the truck across the street for about 20 minutes eating lunch then he walked halfway up to the house and threw the package onto the door step!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    It's xmas time. Everything related to postal service is very screwed. Thats normal!.
    Heh, yeah I know.... but I'd like to imagine the world revolves around the timeliness of the shipping of lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    One of my pointers from china was shipped DHL, the delivery man sat in the truck across the street for about 20 minutes eating lunch then he walked halfway up to the house and threw the package onto the door step!
    YIKES man, thats brutal, the first time I dealt with them they called me to let me know that a package was being delivered. But they still just left it on the porch w/o any signature or anything. A bit scary when you spend ~$600 on a laser...

Now I'm watching Donnie Darko. And I just brewed a new batch of beer

I went with a german style darker beer. The name of the recipe is called "Alt." And it smells WONDERFUL. Brewing is great it's something I enjoy (more enjoyable in about 2 weeks) that takes my mind off the situation for a while.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Now I'm watching Donnie Darko. And I just brewed a new batch of beer
    Hey Max -

Our order of preference (and we ship $30K+ lasers for gigs - slightly valuable / time-critical! based on the AVERAGE experience, best to worst:

1. Bax Global (decent service / best care)
    2. FedEx (only cause for freight, they are astronomical, otherwise #1)
    3. Dumb, Hang-upon-you, Late
    4. Usually-reliable, unlesS it's imPortant, then yer Screwed
    5. United Package Smashers

But Bax may not always be an option... sooo...back to DHL/FedEx... *sigh*

Have a pint for me! - peace..
    - J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Unhappy we have same problem!

I want to tell my impression of DHL, it is makes me really headache. All the customer need lasers' arrival is earlier than Christmas Day coming, for the long holiday will result delivery delayed. But I really found there are so many problem happend at the vital moment.

Now I still have a large number of lasers are holded by US custom, I don't know what can I do at the moment, only times and times to appoliozige to my customer. I know it will make him in the trouble.

If only note delivery time, DHL is quicker, but from my opinion, they are slower on the process of association with custom and FDA. I don't know why do they dillydally like that! I send lasers together on 8th, but now it is still in Clearance delay. It has been clear for more than 1 week. On this question, UPS will be better.

I hope you and my customers recieve each laser soon.