Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laserscope 808 aoe power supply microchip

Question Laserscope 808 aoe power supply microchip

looking for a chip, the chip controls the test point for the amps/Volts

Laser works fine just no power reading from draw.

Microchip # 916c102x2sr
    from a laserscope 808 40 watt solid state yag/ water cooled.

any information:
    Contact our Offices please,

TRIBAL EXISTANCE PRODUCTIONS CORP.
    Mon-Fri-12PM-6PM-PST.-USA
    +(707)-484-8757
    ASK FOR Mr. Marcus Chapman C/O - Project Manager

or if you don't want to call us, please E-mail
    marcus@tribalexistance.com

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Existance Prod. View Post
    looking for a chip, the chip controls the test point for the amps/Volts - Laser works fine just no power reading from draw - Microchip # 916c102x2sr
    from a laserscope 808 40 watt solid state yag/ water cooled.

or if you don't want to call us, please E-mail...
    Hey Marcus - Welcome to PL

Ok, uh, it sounds like, judging by your info here, you guys are using your Laserscopes' OEM 'motherboard' to control your system?

I am also a bit confused by your 808 'model-denomination' - You have an '800-Series' Laserscope, flashlamp-pumped Nd:YAG/KTP system?, OR, do you have some 'next-gen', 808nm-diode-driven, truly DPSS, here? (cause if that IS the case, sorry, prolly can't help ya - if it is the '800-series' we've got like 6-7 'motherboards' I'd be happy to pull some chips off for ya...)

-
    I also wonder, (if you ARE talking about the 'motherboard'), why in the world are you still using that to control your system???
    see below - these two items will replace EVERYTHING - MB, ALL attentuators, etc - you can strip those decks clean, clean, clean...

Why don't you PM-me your info, and that way, we won't clog this thread up with chit-chat...

Also, a 'friendly tip': list your posted 'contact info's email like THIS:

marcus AT tribalexistance DOT com

...otherwise, google and yahoo and others' spam-bots will shortly 'fill your house with dung' ...type to ya soon.. peace..

- J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSLS_KTP_MiniCntrlr.jpg  

LS40_OvnCntrl_1.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Smile very happy

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Marcus - Welcome to PL

Ok, uh, it sounds like, judging by your info here, you guys are using your Laserscopes' OEM 'motherboard' to control your system?

I am also a bit confused by your 808 'model-denomination' - You have an '800-Series' Laserscope, flashlamp-pumped Nd:YAG/KTP system?, OR, do you have some 'next-gen', 808nm-diode-driven, truly DPSS, here? (cause if that IS the case, sorry, prolly can't help ya - if it is the '800-series' we've got like 6-7 'motherboards' I'd be happy to pull some chips off for ya...)

- I also wonder, (if you ARE talking about the 'motherboard'), why in the world are you still using that to control your system???
    see below - these two items will replace EVERYTHING - MB, ALL attentuators, etc - you can strip those decks clean, clean, clean...

Why don't you PM-me your info, and that way, we won't clog this thread up with chit-chat...

Also, a 'friendly tip': list your posted 'contact info's email like THIS:

marcus AT tribalexistance DOT com

...otherwise, google and yahoo and others' spam-bots will shortly 'fill your house with dung' ...type to ya soon.. peace..

- J

Yes, I agree. We should have direct communications I'll wait till after all the holidays have passed before I continue on with the laserscope parts, you have some interesting control boxes, the laserscope does have a custom control box but it's not quite as detailed as your boxes. I would like to continue our conversation, thanks so very much for taking the time to answer our question.

I'll be in touch soon,
    Marcus
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND SEASONS GREETINGS ...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    I don't speak for everyone when I say this, I dont mind the conversations... In fact thats whats good about a forum, if you talk about it here the later on someone else can read it... rather than repeating yourself.

Besides I like learning...

Jon sorry I haven't called you yet. Life has settled down for about a week... but then the whole DHL fiasco happened. Expect a call from the 414 area code soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    I don't speak for everyone when I say this, I dont mind the conversations... In fact thats whats good about a forum, if you talk about it here the later on someone else can read it... rather than repeating yourself. Besides I like learning...

Jon sorry I haven't called you yet. Life has settled down for about a week... but then the whole DHL fiasco happened. Expect a call from the 414 area code soon.
    Hey Max - Hang tight for a second, ok, bud? -

MARCUS: Cool, will PM-you and we can go from there.... ciao!

Ok, Max - I'm back! - Point taken... will do - I just figured around here, DPSS details are a MUST-POST, but since the KTPs are a little less used / 'promoted', figured why bore anybody with chip-set pix, etc. but point taken...

RE: call, no sweat - call whenever, standing-by! - And yeah, you have been thru enough with DHL this week for all of us - I know...when they FINALLY make good and get you the laser, why don't you send them a nice, big
    'Thank-You-In-A-Cup'

(kind of like 'cup-o-noodles', only yukkier...)

I wonder if you can get in trouble for 'fecal-terrorism'? Prolly only in the USA...

Will look forward to chatting then... ciao.
    - J

Hey Marcus, Gimme a call after Jan 3 (or 4 depending on how much fun I have on NYE) - Kevin

Nice ALE box. Here's how I build them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cheater-2.2.jpg  

Thumbs up RE: ALE Box...

Hey Kevin! -

Long time no type! Good to catch up to ya... Nice box, too! Glad to see you 'get it' when it comes to the value of having a visual feedback (DPM) for lamp current...I've serviced so many guys' systems where they simply rely on how 'bright it LOOKS' to judge current, and then they wonder 'Gee why did my lamp explode?!'

I designed this particular model, above, with a key-sw lockout for the Q-Sw, so it is hardER for a Tech to start the lamp WITH the Q-running without noticing the bright orange "ENABLED" LED...in THEORY, he should THEN notice the "Q-Sw ACTIVE" greenie next to it! you know - KTP crystals aren't exactly cheap (xcept sometimes you find good eBay deals, etc.)

Anyhoo, WHEN ya get some time, see if ya can answer this post - would be very interested in your experience... If for some reason you don't wanna SAY publicly, PM-me and we can chat...

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...59&postcount=2

Here's my 'super-pimped-out' version - System Mains Control (pumps/ALE 220, etc), Oven Htr power/status, Scan signals IN (RCA's in this case), Beam Shutter, 25' Remote, etc...pretty rediculous, but nice to have ALL your controls in ONE central spot...

Look to your reply(s) and perhaps chatting sometime soon.. peace..

- J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSLS_KTPCntrlr_2.jpg  

DSLS_KTPRemo_1.jpg  

I thought a Q-Switch is just an optic. How do you enable it then? Actuators I assume.

Also, what happens if you start it up with the Q-Switch in place?

That is a rockin setup! I figure anyone that's issued a key should know the basic startup / shutdown procedure. Probably a bad assumption.

Do you have the water level / water temperature / water conductivity sensors in the interlock loop? So far I haven't, but it seems like a good idea. I'm thinking my next ALE cheater will have a microcontroller and LCD so I can monitor all the sensors and make sure the start up sequence is always done right (and also the shutdown sequence assuming they don't just kick the power). I could also track lamp hours and have PM reminders. And put in a pickoff so I can have realtime power display. And a bunch of other nifty features for a product that only 15 people in the world would be interested in Ever played with the remote for a SP Millennia? I should get my Millennia Vi system working again one of these days...

I'll reply in detail to your other post about the Laser Quantum system later. I like to think I have a clue, but I will give it another look after the holidays. If it's not something dumb on my part, I'd definitely like to have you take a look at it. It's one of the gold box ones and LQ said the seal failed on mine causing contamination which I think is BS, but whatever...