Thread: .ild Format?

Default .ild Format?

Hello from a lasershow newbie! I've always liked doing things low-level even though it is too tedious to get much done that way (hey, it makes me feel special, okay? =P). I've been with but a broken pair of galvos for a few months now, but that should be changing soon and I was wondering about this .ild format.

Is there any place I can find some information about its structure and how it actually stores the info for a lasershow? Also, are pretty much all software/hardware setups compatible with .ild files, or are there a bunch of other proprietary file types? Thanks in advance!

Do a search for ILDA file standard and you will find at least a couple of documents that describe it in detail. Although most laser show programs import ILDA files, not all ILDA files are the same. There are different file types and some programs only work with certain ones.

I have been successful in writing an application that can read in all types so I am pretty knowledgeable about the differences. So, let me know if I can help any specific questions.

Also, I got some good help from Bill Benner from Pangolin. He filled in all of the missing pieces that weren't apparent from the ILDA standard documents.

ILDA technical standards disk 1999 is available here:
    http://www.loreti.it/Download/PDF/laser/ilda99.zip