Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, my first RANT (other than all my other ones ;)

Thumbs down They're at it again...

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    This is one of the first pages where I havent seen the AA logo stolen from CTAs site.
    Hey DB... well, hate to disappoint you, buut: http://www.creativelasermedia.com/Lasers.html

..right at the bottom, above the '1-866...WE-R-BS.. (oh, sorry...) there is PR's "AA" shot that HE did. - Stolen? - Or 'partners in crime'?...Dunno...

Well, forget PR...they are clearly in bed together anyway... but I think they have now stolen from the wrong guy this time... that last image, bottom left, is PANGOLINS. And they've got their little " CREATIVE LASER MEDIA & DESIGN (COPYRIGHT) 2007" right below it...

What shameless sacks of guano!... I hope Bill takes out a FULL PAGE ad in every newspaper in the area, and POINTS OUT their thievery.

OK, they MAY have gotten it from here http://www.lumalaser.com/samples_colorburst.htm (bottom-left of page)
    but, clearly, Luma HAS permission (as stated) and gives credit where credit is due. Kudos to Luma, a TRUE professsional / ethical Co.

Now, if Bill gets' back to me and tells me I am all washed up, and they not only HAVE his permission to use it, but to ALSO put THEIR © under HIS work, well, I'll eat my shorts, delete this post, and personally apologize to them.

But judging by their body of 'work' across all their pages, I don't think a SINGLE IMAGE is their original show work - just my OPINION - even if you HAVE permission to 'stand on everyone ELSES' back' to get work, why would you COPYRIGHT IT as your OWN???

Ok, Rant, Chapter 2 is done. I just hate hacks..

- J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thumbs down More Friggin 'Somalians'...

Hah! - just when I thought I'd forgotten about 'CLM' and their swashbuckling 'steal-a-new-image-a-day-and-put-©CLM-below-it' marketing-tactics, I get a PM from a Good Friend of all of ours (I'll let him choose if he wants to 'jump into the ring' with me or not...) with this link:

http://www.laserslasvegas.com/Video.htm

...and he wasn't even 'directly-griping' about these guys - he was like '...where the f*k is the CDRH???' - and yeah, if you check the 'J-Lo' vid out, there are a few 'face-scans', here and there, and the "Laser Tunnel and Walkway" clip... ...yeah, that sure looks like more than 1mW (Class II)... and certainly - even by 'worse-case-standards' - waaay-more than 5mW!! - and this is a 'public' walk-thru / install???

But, ok - I'm not the 'laser-cops' - probably every laser show Co in the World has had a beam or effect go a 'further than planned' or an 'unexpected-bounce' / glance, etc, at least ONCE - nor am I trying to 'police' these guys...but then, I got to checking out the REST of thier site, and NOT ONLY do they have SHOCKING examples of 'NFW-safe' stuff - (see below!) but - (and this is the 'main reason' for 'resurrecting my rant', here...) - check-out this page:

http://www.laserslasvegas.com/projects.htm

... 5 out of 7 images from their *work* are STOLEN from LMR / Laserfx!!! ...

http://www.laserfx.com/Gallery/GalleryImage14.html

http://www.laserfx.com/Gallery/GalleryImage10.html

http://www.laserfx.com/Gallery/GalleryImage8.html

So, #1 - are ANY of their images / 'work examples' - THEIRS???? DID they REALLY 'DO' J-Lo's video? (as they seem to at-least 'imply'...) Oceans12??? Judging by the other shocking 'CPK' shots (heh - poor audience - they were 'enthralled' by 'LVL's work' - cause they were probably too terrified to even get up to go take a PISS!!! ) and their Pirate-integrity, I'd guess the 'Laser Tunnel' and 'Bellagio' clips were theirs, but the rest of it??? ******* HACKS!!!!

Now, to those of you for-whom lasers are a 'hobby' - even for those who 'make a few bux on the side' with them - you might think '..sheesh dsli_jon is really off-his rocker, today...' - and you're right!! This shyte really chaps my @$$, cause the laser show biz is how I - and many other very hard-working people out there (ie Greg Mak, Pat Murph, Tim W, etc - and quite a few others, here on PL (though I don't imagine these-particular 'hacks' would negatively-impact our European-brethren too much (??) but still...) ENTIRELY FEED OUR LOVED-ONES / selves, etc - and these hacks are getting biz with STOLEN pix???? Cripes, it's hard-enough to eat with LEGITIMATE-competition!! And TOTALLY unsafe (looking, at-least) work??? I mean, do we REALLY NEED another 'Moscow'???

So, yeah - I am publicly 'picking a fight' with "Las Vegas Lasers - the single greatest corporate event, Live Special Effects, and Laser Light Show provider in the world." ...Really?... Well, suck-this-up Yahoo-spiders and Google-bots - and what say you, 'LVL'???

...I dunno - maybe I am just getting 'old and cranky' but stealing / using others' images is just so... well, so...
    (...great smiley-find, eh?)

OK. Rant over. Thoughts?

peace...
    j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LVL_WOW1.jpg  

LVL_WOW2.jpg  

Last edited by dsli_jon; 02-16-2009 at 02:02.

Hmmmm, third image down on the right belongs to a company I used to work for.

It is taken at Brixton Academy London UK... There are 3 x 5 watt YAGs in there... Not on CLM's inventory...

And the second picture down, under "California Pizza Kitchen" belongs to an Australian company Laservision.

I have seen the original photo of this picture and its almost ten years old

It's also on there website http://www.laservision.com.au/page.a...=Laser+Tunnels
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hah! - just when I thought I'd forgotten about 'CLM' and their swashbuckling 'steal-a-new-image-a-day-and-put-©CLM-below-it' marketing-tactics, I get a PM from a Good Friend of all of ours (I'll let him choose if he wants to 'jump into the ring' with me or not...) with this link:

http://www.laserslasvegas.com/Video.htm

...and he wasn't even 'directly-griping' about these guys - he was like '...where the f*k is the CDRH???' - and yeah, if you check the 'J-Lo' vid out, there are a few 'face-scans', here and there, and the "Laser Tunnel and Walkway" clip... ...yeah, that sure looks like more than 1mW (Class II)... and certainly - even by 'worse-case-standards' - waaay-more than 5mW!! - and this is a 'public' walk-thru / install???

But, ok - I'm not the 'laser-cops' - probably every laser show Co in the World has had a beam or effect go a 'further than planned' or an 'unexpected-bounce' / glance, etc, at least ONCE - nor am I trying to 'police' these guys...but then, I got to checking out the REST of thier site, and NOT ONLY do they have SHOCKING examples of 'NFW-safe' stuff - (see below!) but - (and this is the 'main reason' for 'resurrecting my rant', here...) - check-out this page:

http://www.laserslasvegas.com/projects.htm

... 5 out of 7 images from their *work* are STOLEN from LMR / Laserfx!!! ...

http://www.laserfx.com/Gallery/GalleryImage14.html

http://www.laserfx.com/Gallery/GalleryImage10.html

http://www.laserfx.com/Gallery/GalleryImage8.html

So, #1 - are ANY of their images / 'work examples' - THEIRS???? DID they REALLY 'DO' J-Lo's video? (as they seem to at-least 'imply'...) Oceans12??? Judging by the other shocking 'CPK' shots (heh - poor audience - they were 'enthralled' by 'LVL's work' - cause they were probably too terrified to even get up to go take a PISS!!! ) and their Pirate-integrity, I'd guess the 'Laser Tunnel' and 'Bellagio' clips were theirs, but the rest of it??? ******* HACKS!!!!

Now, to those of you for-whom lasers are a 'hobby' - even for those who 'make a few bux on the side' with them - you might think '..sheesh dsli_jon is really off-his rocker, today...' - and you're right!! This shyte really chaps my @$$, cause the laser show biz is how I - and many other very hard-working people out there (ie Greg Mak, Pat Murph, Tim W, etc - and quite a few others, here on PL (though I don't imagine these-particular 'hacks' would negatively-impact our European-brethren too much (??) but still...) ENTIRELY FEED OUR LOVED-ONES / selves, etc - and these hacks are getting biz with STOLEN pix???? Cripes, it's hard-enough to eat with LEGITIMATE-competition!! And TOTALLY unsafe (looking, at-least) work??? I mean, do we REALLY NEED another 'Moscow'???

So, yeah - I am publicly 'picking a fight' with "Las Vegas Lasers - the single greatest corporate event, Live Special Effects, and Laser Light Show provider in the world." ...Really?... Well, suck-this-up Yahoo-spiders and Google-bots - and what say you, 'LVL'???

...I dunno - maybe I am just getting 'old and cranky' but stealing / using others' images is just so... well, so...
    (...great smiley-find, eh?)

OK. Rant over. Thoughts?

peace...
    j
    Wow -

After seeing the beam heights above the audience that so-called "professional" laser company uses, I'm not so concerned about my "garage shows" any more!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Yeah, and J-LO complained later in public about KTP induced burns on the back of her legs during the video shoot.

Talk about your unprofesssional:

Whom ever did that J-LO video couldn't even mask the talent's legs. I had to watch that video 5 times a day on a loop at a previous employer. I'm not a J-Lo fan, but I'm not gonna fry the talents legs if I work with her either. Hell, I really like women with nice gambs, and would have "Projection Zoned" or "Projector Masked" those beams.

The folks setting in the audience heads down like in grade school in that one shot, now that's damn bad for the industry.

And yet people kvetch when I say you should have a permit to buy/drive a laser.
    Steve

Notes: Projection Zones are probably a trademark of those Pangolin folks, and Projection Masks are a legitimate safety feature demanded by the CDRH, HSE, BRH etc. Both are nice features to have.
    Last edited by mixedgas; 02-16-2009 at 08:04.

Jon .... these guys need to be stopped before someone gets seriously hurt .... its my guess that if they are pulling shit like this ... someone has already been hurt but are not aware how thier vision has been impared

perhaps patrick or tim could send them a nice letter to start with or someone tip off the CDRH

you only need one fucking clown like this to fuck it up for everyone

all the best ... Karl

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Oh, and they are in Vegas, which means they are still under the "Special LOS VEGAS Laser Rules" imposed after the last traumatic Vegas laser event, which got us and the rest of the world the lasers in airspace rules.

Las Vegas Lasers is owned by a self styled professional magician. One Simon Winthrop.

And in other "Why??" news, a local teen in Bay Village Ohio was arrested last night with a GLP. Seems he likes to illuminate drivers of cars from his house and was given a warning when the cops searched his room and could not find the pointer. . So instead of doing it the next night from the house, he did it from a friend's vehicle and illuminated a off duty cop who was driving down the road. He has been arrested and will probably be the latest dope on the laser pointer safety page.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 02-16-2009 at 10:41.

Hey Karl -

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Jon .... these guys need to be stopped before someone gets seriously hurt ....
    ...Yeah, maybe 'someone' could take a 'vacation to Vegas' and a portable tesla-coil / neon-tester and 'visit' one of their gigs and 'Whoops! I had no IDEA this thing was charged-up!' when 'checking-out' the 'cool' laser-gear... ...If only it was that simple...
    I wonder if THIS is really 'SW'?? ...Friggin' Pirate-Hack... Hah - 'Las Vegas Lasers', and his phone number is an LA number...

Yeah, I've already sent an email to Lt. Sean Boyd at CDRH - we'll see if it 'goes anywhere'... I am too busy to 'police' these hacks...All ya can do is try...

peace...
    j

Trouble with the licence thing Steve is it screws all us non professionals and makes it too difficult ot be worthwhile for many competent and safe professionals.

Personally, I prefer the approach where unsafe companies are taken down and prosecuted. If there aren't suitable laws in place to do it then there should be.

BTW you can audience scan safely with multiwatt systems, its just a case of how its done and at those powers I agree its best professionals only.

Take a look at Hugos work, 10W OPSL's, even hundreds of watts overall and no-one injured.

I've put this up before, this is from a club I go to - multiwatt greens safely done. No injuries, no camera damage (you can see the direct camera hits):

http://www.vimeo.com/2505542
    Last edited by White-Light; 02-17-2009 at 04:48.