Thread: fb3/live pro/showrider output

Default fb3/live pro/showrider output

hiya

i have 1 fb3 and am going to get another one. i was wondering if i can out put to either dac hoocked up to different lasers off one live pro software and if so how this is done?

also i was wanting to create a show set to music and all i do is click play and it runs, now i can do this in show rider but havnt found a way in live pro now is this even possible?

if not can i program a showrider show to be able to do the above

for example

have my rgb in the middle doing a different pattern and effect to my two greens all running from one software at the click of a play button syncronised to music

cheers ollie

ps i dont explain myself very well sorry
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

I can't run any two programs at once, but it may be different if the software detects two boards.

You can't run two programs at once because you only have one piece of hardware. Imagine if you have two programs running at once, both accessing the hardware and both able to thus control the laser. We deem this to be "bad" from a safety standpoint.

However, you can run one piece of software which accesses multiple pieces of hardware at the same time. For example, run only LivePRO with two FB3 -- each FB3 serving a separate zone or set of zones. Likewise LAStudio can be used in this way as well, thus, it is possible to get benefit from multiple FB3.

LivePRO and LAStudio allows you to run up to six FB3.

Bill

Oh I wasn't complaining by any means and I agree it's far safer. But suppose someone had two boards, would you be able to control one board with LivePro and the other board with Showrider?

You mean from the same PC? I think that would be rather cumbersome, even if it was possible... Only one screen (and thus one program) can have the operator focus at a time.

If you wanted to do a live show, I think the best bet would be to connect both FB3 units to LivePro and assign them to different zones, then assign those zones to separate channels in LivePro...

But if you want Livepro controlling one FB3 and Showrider controlling another, I would think you'd want two separate computers. Otherwise you'd be flipping between screens all the time. (And actually, I don't even know if it's possible to run both LivePro and Showrider on the same machine at the same time, even if you have two FB3's hooked up...)

Adam

Default re

thanks alot, im going to purchase another fb3 and this is exactly what i wanted to know

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Default Dual FB3 and Midi Control

I already have a FB3 and need a dual setup.

Can you control the two boards using a Midi controller and LivePRO USB or LAStudio?

Or maybe a LD2000 Intro and a FB3 with midi?

(I know the recommendation would be 2 LD2000 Intro's but they are ouside my budget )

Cheers,