Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, my first RANT (other than all my other ones ;)

Thumbs down OK, my first RANT (other than all my other ones ;)

Hey Cats -

OK, am I just getting to be a cranky-old man (not that there is anything WRONG with cranky-old men, mind you! or does this shyte piss anybody else off:

http://www.creativelasermedia.com/Lasers.html -what am I talking about?

First, I am NOT picking on this Co exclusively, but we got some 'spam' recently from them, so I go there to check them out - and like, 90% of their 'laser show' shots are RIPPED OFF FROM OTHER COs!!! Examples:

OK, TOP LEFT, taken from here: http://www.ctalasers.com/index.htm
    (They also seem to have 'used' most of his 'copy' (text) as their sales pitch...though this is the infamous 'PR's site and he DESERVES to get ripped-off...most of these pix are prolly not even HIS anyway...)

- Second one down, on Left:
    (dammit! - can't find the link - but I KNOW I have seen that elsewhere - think it was either on an older LSDI.com page or Laser Spectacles (Tim Walsh)... and I doubt either of them would be cool with these guys putting CLM © on THEIR work...)

- same goes for the next 2 down, Left - Scion: old Lasertainment???

- 6th one down, on Left:
    (link changed, but WAS an older Lasertainment shot...)
    http://www.lasertainment.com/festivals.htm

(...I'll keep looking for the others on the Left - any ideas / spotters??)

- OK, on Right, Third one down:
    http://www.laserfx.com/Gallery/GalleryImage14.html
    (I kinda doubt 'Peter Ranson' works for 'CLM'... ON CLMs' 'mySpace' page, he titles this pic: "DPSS YAG Lasers in a large nightclub in Los Angeles" - Hmm, I am kinda more inclined to believe L. Michael Roberts... you??)

- Fourth down, on Right, ALSO from 'CTA' (yeah, whatever...)
    http://www.ctalasers.com/images/gallery/laser-ring.jpg

From their HOME PAGE:
    - TOP RIGHT - stolen from ??? (Anyone know who originally did this? I forgot)
    - ALSO, I KNOW they did NOT do the Avis or VW shots - those were from a Euro Sho-Co, but
    I just cannot find the linx I had from a few years back... Anyone know who did em??)

From CONTACT &...
    - TOP LEFT
    http://www.ctalasers.com/images/gall...fan-effect.jpg
    - BOTTOM RIGHT
    http://www.ctalasers.com/laser-corporate.htm (and PR stole it from.. Anyone? Anyone?... cause the next page, http://www.ctalasers.com/laser-animation.htm PR stole from Lasertainment http://www.lasertainment.com/festivals.htm )

I mean, have these guys done ANY of their own work???

OK, so you might say, 'Well, perhaps they are JUST a PRODUCTION Co, like a 'Ringmaster', and just collaborate / partner with other laser show Co's" - well, then they should be giving CREDIT to THOSE Co's for THEIR work, or at LEAST, NOT be 'Copywriting' those images with THEIR Name, as their OWN!!! Bad form!!!! - Then, tell the story like it is - if you're just a 'networker', what's so bad about saying "We partner with some of the BEST laser show Co's in the biz, to bring you great discounts, and added-value, 'one-stop-shop' service!" - I just think image 'hi-jacking' is both super-lame AND dishonest... And, like I said, these are one of many 'Co's' I've seen do this crap.

I mean, if I was to participate in something like a 'collaboration', #1, I'd want to be ASKED, #2, if I WAS part of a 'network'-type arrangement, I'd want CREDIT for OUR work, BUT if a potential Client of theirs contacted us directly, and they did not come in from the existing sales-channels we use (so we KNOW where they come from, and therefore, where commission is due, etc) we ALWAYS ask, "Who referred you / How did you find out about us", so if someone DOES deserve a commish (or at least a great big, THANKS, if it was a former Client referral) they would still be able to get their XX% or whatever...

I guess I am 'old-fashioned', but I just HATE image-pirates like this - they deserve to have all thier Clients called and told that the images that SOLD them on working-with (or at least calling/contacting) this Co, were STOLEN from other, hard-working, REAL Sho-Co's.

I mean, it's hard enough trying to make a living in this industry, but I think these types of 'sharks' deserve a real 'spearing' - they are often the same ones that shamelessly cut-throats to get gigs, and then do $#!T work, and then THAT Client never wants to hear the word 'laser' again...

Especially, if in fact, they really ARE a Sho Co. (not just an 'organizer') - look at their EQUIPMENT LIST - if they actually HAVE all that gear, that is a LOT of Profit $$$, that it would appear they've gained off of OTHERS blood, sweat and brewsters, and that just SUX.

Even for a 'newbie' Co - its' not an excuse to steal and call your own - one thing if you get PERMISSION from the creators, but to put YOUR © on it?... Go out in your shop/office and fog it up, and shut the lights off and take some vid or pix... I landed my first install - $17K - with video taken in my garage, and I'm a nobody compared to many of the 'vets', here...

Am I just all 'constipated', here?? Maybe I am all wrong- these guys DO partner with every Co. whose images they've 'hi-jacked' and stamped as their own, maybe they have permission to to that, but I dunno, man...

OK, I'll shut up, now... I think I'll go hit that 'Tequila Xmas Cake' and go to bed!

- J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

The machida grating is a LMR one, and that other 3 fans each a different color looks like Laser Wizardry's page.

Steve Roberts

Paul Rosenberg (spelling) is used to people stealing his images. Last time I called him to report it he just sighed in frustration. Sadly they will get away with it. When someone gets a picture off my website I contact their hosting and provide them with the original hi-res photo and they remove them from the site at fault. This is one of the first pages where I havent seen the AA logo stolen from CTAs site.

Default it's because Creativ$ Las%# medi&

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Paul Rosenberg (spelling) is used to people stealing his images. Last time I called him to report it he just sighed in frustration. Sadly they will get away with it. When someone gets a picture off my website I contact their hosting and provide them with the original hi-res photo and they remove them from the site at fault. This is one of the first pages where I havent seen the AA logo stolen from CTAs site.
    Creativ& LA*&R medi7 is stim-u lig&ts jad same busted by the U.S. CDRH feds guy, in many diffrent places more than once, he worked with rosenshi&hole Cta
    even the photo's from paul's site are rip off's as well. some are real though.

both of those companies are one in the same just 2 pockets for $$$ same people and circles they trade equipment and rip eachother off for years....these are facts that I hope explain the issues above..

Both of these guy's are an interesting ????? LOL Meanning the two companies on that topic above that have the photo's on thier sites.

just what my ears tell me:
    aka lil birdies.

Default wow

I even looked at one of the creativelaHFRGmedia site and one of my old photo's are there as well of an event at the Cowpalace that was projected with my lasers and lighting in 2005, TFF I don't care because Those guy's just destroy their clients with duct tape projectors with rust and dirt cheep prices.... Talking with them is useless.

All of those phot's are other's work on both sites...

TFF
    I'm done now with my 2 cent comment.
    take care

if any of them are your images send their webhost a dmca takedown notice.

the webhost has to take the site down within 24 hours until the content is removed. I do it all the time for images I own the copyright on. It's the same BS all the media companies use to takedown youtube and such.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    ROFL Paul Rosiepalm hasn't been killed yet....wow...live long enough and many things will amaze you. Just going to his webpage made me want to take a long hot shower.

Sorry, couldn't resist, after HE THROAT-CUT-STOLE A NYE GIG in SF, CA from us...I know this is mean, but I hope his POS '1W' laser starts the curtains on fire and SDFD comes and hoses him and all his 'gear' into the sewer, where they belong...Hack....

whatever. Karma will get 'em...

peace.
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 02-16-2009 at 02:08.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Default LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Sorry, couldn't resist, after HE THROAT-CUT-STOLE A NYE GIG in SF, CA from us...I know this is mean, but I hope his POS '1W' laser starts the curtains on fire and SDFD comes and hoses him and all his 'gear' into the sewer, where they belong...Hack....

whatever. Karma will get 'em...

peace.
    LOL, VERY NICE GRAPHICS CTA IS A JOKE,

That guy has done it to us all, he goes to a client and tries to almost do a show for free and brings crap and calls it high power projections. This type of business is going to give the laser light show industry a bad name.....

also the rental prices for real systems will be damaged by guys with 250mw systems and claim they are 3 watts...for 500 bucks or less......this is B.S. for sure..

Sorry that happened to ya Jon
    Last edited by Tribal Existance Prod.; 12-30-2007 at 23:06. Reason: corrections

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Existance Prod. View Post
    LOL, VERY NICE GRAPHICS CTA IS A JOKE,

That guy has done it to us all, he goes to a client and tries to almost do a show for free and brings crap and calls it high power projections. This type of business is going to give the laser light show industry a bad name.....

also the rental prices for real systems will be damaged by guys with 250mw systems and claim they are 3 watts...for 500 bucks or less......this is B.S. for sure..

Sorry that happened to ya Jon
    FYI Paul Rosenpalm first screwed me in 1986 or so. soooooo. KARMA does not come fast enough in my case. I tried to work with him in the late 80's and wanted him to only sell shows for me. You have NO idea the grief i've had. HE WOULD PROMISE THINGS THAT CANT BE DONE. He basically ruined the industry in Northern California but people are cheap that is why they still hire him, and there is no loyality in this industry, that is why I quit! Dude is a douche.