Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Say Hello to my little friend!

Ok so here are some pictures in some unknown order

There is a picture of the internals see the massive amounts of glue to hold everything in position. I let it run over night... well over the time that I just slept and it holds its place pretty darn well!

There are a few beam shots one using my blowing the candle out trick for a nice even haze. That image the beam is shooting about 9 feet to the aperature of the camera.

The other one where it is on my drafting table shining about 20 feet into the basement. There is no haze and that image had a fairly short shutter speed (the basement light was on right near me)

You get the idea. Like I said earlier, I learned a lot from this experience and really look forward to the big guns.... 2.5-3watts (factoring in for optical losses!) of 650nm.... it'll be off in the not so distant future.

EDIT - Ahh yes forgot I attached the image of the terminating beam. It is actually quite tiny! I would say about 5 mm and it is fairly round
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05286.JPG  

DSC05281.JPG  

DSC05278.JPG  

DSC05291.JPG  

Next up, I have a 50mm TEC that I am going to mount onto the top. I also need to install a new cooling fan for the heatsink (the last one I sorta kinda blew up.....).

I've been running the laser full power for a while now. It will sting your skin a bit (I am also as pale as can be). One of the beams moves around a little bit, I figure some more glue will help out that soon.

I am kinda waiting on edmund optics right now, I have a mount that has been on backorder forever...

I also bought a fog machine that should be here next week some time, couldn't afford the hazer right now But I will be sure to post some good pictures of my laser I just cant wait for the blue....

-Max

Would you (or anyone) post a simple diagram of the paths that all the lasers make? I studied your pic but I am still somewhat baffled.

Dorcy Jr. with a 20x open can pulling > 300ma

30mw Green on the way...

There it is. The lasers on the top are vertically polarized. The bottom are horizontally polarized.

The last laser on the bottom the hole was drilled off like I said and it was un-usable so it just terminates on the side. The green line is where the last mirror should be and the blue line is what the last laser should do.

-Max
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails beam path.JPG  

I gotta say that is the weirdest avitar that ive ever seen -- I'm gonna do a car or a guitar that does that.

Ahhh Steve-o that reminds me I still need to get some recordings of the Martin I've got...

I'll have to move the priorities of that up on the to-do list

Too much to do, so little time.

Thanks for posting the diagram.

Do you have any further instructions for this or am I on my own?

I hope to get about 1.2W out of mine.
    Dorcy Jr. with a 20x open can pulling > 300ma

30mw Green on the way...

Not a problem. Let me know what else you need to know and I'll help you out when you get there. My word of advice is to make it larger, it's pretty hard to work in such a small area. I ended up using dental tools.

-Max