Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Dept Store 20K

Default Contact made

I have had an e-mail back from CDS, the office is closed but when the guy gets back in he will send me the info I need.

It seems that this is a brand new design and it needs to be connected to a parallel port to work, in other words no stand alone (not too sure that that is such a good idea) It begs the question as to whether it should come with some software.

I will keep you posted but in the meantime things are on hold.

Regards rog8811

Smile

Wow... Interesting. I don't think anyone has posted any details about this new unit yet. In fact, I don't remember reading *anything* about it here. You could be the first! (You know what that means, right? You get to write the review!)

Keep us informed of your progress, and be sure to post details of the new controller design. (Don't forget pictures!)

Adam

Default It had occurred to me :)

I hope CDS come up with the goods ASAP as I am itching to get on with this...... I will certainly give it a write up once I have it sorted.

Regards rog8811

Have you got any further with this Rog?
    I have the 15K scanner set with DMX board but no ILDA and was wondering what physical and electrical (wiring) differences there are between your unit pieces and mine?

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Default Getting there.....

Hi STM, About the only difference to the wiring would be the parallel port loop through.

I am about ready to link Norm's DAC to see if I can get it working properly. I had been waiting on molex connectors but they have arrived so watch this space

Regards rog8811

Stll awaiting Norm's DAC to turn up.

Is it still true that his program still only offers green blanking?
    I did read that it was being addressed though.

I know NLS will work with the DAC (obviously) but what other software will plug into it and work?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

His software is only single colour still. If you let Norm know you want to do RGB he will supply the additional latch. (see connection details below)

The freeware Popelscan will run happily with his DAC (not for me at the moment) it will also do Mamba black I seem to recall reading somewhere.

Regards rog8811
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blanking output R-G-B.jpg  

The DAC and PSU turned up today - gonna take a shufties at it later when littlun has gone to bed. Looks quite easy

Exciting innit
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Looks quite easy
    The hardest part is working out which resistors and caps go where, you need to do a bit of detective work. All the info is in the paper work, including polarity info on power supply and the capacitors.

Best of luck with it...had I wired my plugs correctly it would have worked first time

Regards rog8811

Exclamation

Twilight Zone time... Found two results on google for "ildaconM.pcb"; I need to bastardize the ILDA plug for "ghettofabuluous"...

The results are this thread and one from rfeda.net:

http://www.rfeda.net/dp-bbsthread-376617.html

this site seems to be a copy of PL but with the names changed...