Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Dept Store 20K

Default Chinese Dept Store 20K

Father christmas has delivered my 20k scanner kit, but as usually seems to be the case there is not a single scrap of info on how to connect or tune the system. The manual download from the store site is useless as the connections shown are nothing like the layout on the delivered boards. Not helped by what is there is in Chinglish.

My questions are, has anyone else got the 20k set? have you found out how to connect the 2 ILD cables, (do they connect to a computer to run polescan for instance?
    Do you have any further info that may be of use. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards rog8811
    Last edited by rog8811; 12-25-2007 at 06:37. Reason: sp

Usually the galvos need to be connected to their Drivers or Amplifiers and then the drivers signal inputs must be connected to the ILDA controller signal outputs which connected to computer.

there you can find a further info:

http://www.medialas.de/data/widemove.pdf

http://www.medialas.de/data/TeraScan_Manual.pdf

Usually the galvos need to be connected to their Drivers or Amplifiers and then the drivers signal inputs must be connected to the ILDA controller signal outputs which connected to computer.
    I was working on the assumption that the provided galvo drives would be outputed to the galvo's, I would then be connecting Norms DAC between my computer and the galvo drivers (X/Y+/-), and the RGB from Norms DAC straight to the LD modules thus bypassing the DMX board that came with the kit...I was surprised to find a ribbon cable with an fm 25pin D connector marked ILDAConF.pcb and another with a m 25pin D connector marked ILDAConM.pdb ( Both legends typed as they appear on the boards that the D con's are soldered to). There are two ribbon sockets on the DMX board where they could be plugged in (although it doesn't stat which one goes in which socket).

Does this mean that I will need to feed all my DAC signals into the DMX board? Or that I don't need the DAC as it is already on the DMX board (I have not yet identified the chipset on the reverse of the board to see what they are).

Colour me confused......

Thanks for the links by the way

Regards rog8811

there should be a 4 pin connector on the galvo amps that says next to it X+ - - X-. These are the pins used to connect to the DAC. You connect the X+ to the X+ pin and then the X- to the X- pin and the the ground wires go to the - pins. Then repeat for the Y Amp.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Does this mean that I will need to feed all my DAC signals into the DMX board? Or that I don't need the DAC as it is already on the DMX board (I have not yet identified the chipset on the reverse of the board to see what they are).

Regards rog8811
    It's very strange, the drivers must work without DMX board too, i think the Sub D -25 inputs and outputs on your DMX board used just to switch working modes, from DMX signal using this board or straight from PC using DAC

if you have a DMX controller, try to control galvos with it using DMX board.

Default Dac Dmx

Thanks for the info but things have moved on a little.

I have now had a look at the chipset......I have a dual 8bit DAC, a quad analogue switch and an unknown something surface mounted on the back of, what I thought was, the DMX board.....This looks to me like a built-in X/Y RGB DAC! (You would think that the seller would put that info in to the product description as it is a good selling point).

It looks like, having built Norms DAC, I will not be needing it.

My first post still applies though, I need to find out which ILDA cable plugs in where? There are two of them (a male and a female) my guess would be that they loop through, looking at the PCB, so is it ILDA in/out?

If the above turns out to be the case I will then be looking for info on configuring the DIL switch to change between DMX/Mic/DAC.....So much to learn

Regards rog8811

Cool

The DMX board is a stand-alone mini-controller that will run your scanners and your lasers. However, you can't change the pre-programmed effects that it has. You can select from the pre-installed patterns using a DMX lighting panel.

Norm's Laser Show DAC will also run your scanners and your lasers, but since it's connected to a computer (running Poplescan, for example), you can load different files (or whole shows) and vary the content you display with your projector.

Adam

Default Norm's DAC used or not?

Norm's Laser Show DAC will also run your scanners and your lasers, but since it's connected to a computer (running Poplescan, for example), you can load different files (or whole shows) and vary the content you display with your projector.
    It looks as though I will not need Norms DAC at all as the DMX/blanking board also has a DAC chip set and is fitted with a parallel connector loop through, unless of course I am mis-understanding its use.

I spent hours on google last night trying to find info. From what I have read I can set the DIL switch to choose between :-
    1) stand alone, embedded pre-programmed show
    2) microphone input for sound to light
    3) input via parallel cable from computer (is that show sofware, i.e poplescan input or is it remote DMX addressing info?)
    4) DMX address setting for daisy chain

As this is the only laser projector I have I will not be daisy chaining and assigning DIL addresses.

Does that all sound correct?

Regards rog8811

Default Galvo flick

I decided not to do anything too clever to start with, so I connected all the bits that arrived in the kit. I set DIL switch 1 to on (self motivation) and powered it up. That should have set the galvo's in motion with the preset program.......... Nothing, until I turned the power off then both galvo's flicked back and forth once

I have checked for +/-24 v out of the PSU and, as the heatsinks on the galvo drive unit get warm after a while, it is getting to regulators.

There are 2 LED connectors on the DMX/blanking board, one for power on, the other says "work". (which I assume means signal present), I attached an LED to both and both light up, so power is on to the DMX/blanking board.

Other that the mains lead, DIL switch ribbon, and galvo connectors everything was already joined up when it arrived. I have made sure that all plugs are fully home and am now needing help as I don't know what to check next. Any ideas please?

Regards rog8811

Cool

I don't have any docs on that DMX controller. Send a PM to Dave or Aijii (the dudes from LaserShowParts.com in Australia) and see if they have a manual for that thing. (They sell them too.)

Adam