Thread: Qaulity dichroics VS wavelength??

Question Qaulity dichroics VS wavelength??

I have a dichro from EO and has been taken very good care of . I have done a few measurements today when aligning the beam table. I have the lasers set up as green first, then blue, and finally red at 635nm. The question is that I am losing almost 100mw of blue from passing through this dichro. I am planning to swicth out the red with the green and see if another wavelength may allow a higher passage of 473nm than I have now. I have 491mw after mixing at the cube...and 398 after the red dichro. A little too much loss for me. Just wanted to know the losses of the reflect green/ pass red-blue were. I am not re-arranging the layout. Only option besides a new table is to swicth the R/G out. Looking for spec's.......
    Maybe Bridge can help me out here....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Layout change is the only way to fix it.

This layout allows maximum loss on green to save all others.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

I guess a new beam table is at hand.......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Cool

On my projector, I've got the blue laser last in the chain (closest to the galvos, like the picture that Dr. Laser posted), and I have very little loss off the reflect blue dichro. (Around 1&#37

I think a re-arrangement might be the best thing. Though you could try another dichro first, just to see if it helps. (Easier than re-working the table layout...)

Adam