Thread: Good priced 808nm 5,6mm diodes?

Default Good priced 808nm 5,6mm diodes?

I have a chinese green laser that seem to have pretty good optics but a bad diode. The diode is a 5,6mm type and is easily removed since it held in place by a small threaded spacer.
    The diode has no markings and the only clue to the powerlevel is that it pulled about 650mA when working.
    Is there a possibility to find a replacement diode somewhere for a decent price?
    I could just buy a new laser cheaply off dealextreme or similar companies but it would be nice to try to fix it as a learning experience, it's not like i'm expecting to get 200mW out of this one!

any tips appreciated!
    Last edited by dar303; 01-19-2008 at 03:21.

There's a guy on fleabay that has a few now and again. 200 and 500mw units. I think he is in China.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Do you happen to know the ebay name?

I think his e-bay name is Snoctony. They have had a few good deals on diodes in the can and c mounts.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

He didn't have any listings at the moment but i'll keep my eyes open and see if i can find a decent diode to experiment with.
    I'm going to use a d4drive this time instead of the crap that came with the laser...it was propably the driver that killed it!

I have a good 5.6 can here.....think it is a 500mw unit....low time with a driver if you need it. PM me if interested. Has housing and collimation lense. I will look for it and test it....