Thread: Db25 Connector

Default Db25 Connector

can anyone point me in the direction for a DB25 dual hood connection?

i got these at radioshack way back and it is how i have my shutter and emergentcy switch wired in line. (radio shack part # was 276-1403) but of course, radioshack no longer makes it.
    the item looked exactly like this (except it had a circuit board molded in the middle for custom wiring)-

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/iec/DB25HDUAL

had a male db25 on one end. had a female on the other end. but in between was a circuit board (all pins were straight through and allowed for a solder jump or custom wiring) this is where i had the loop for the shutter and emergency cut off wired. for the life of me i can not find these ANYWHERE. i found db25 null modem adapters, but #1- they cross pins somewhere. and #2- they cant be taken apart.

anyone know what im talking about here? anyone have any ideas?? HELLLPPPPP!!!!

-Marc

Marc -Try searching for an RS232 Serial Jumper Box. I used these years ago when needing a breakout box for RS232. Found what appears to be the same at the following:http://www.sandman.com/serial.html
    Greg

greg-

you are by far, THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats EXACTLY what im talkin about!! im sendin ya a 6 pack of your fav. beer UPS! (is that legal?) lol...

thank you SO much!

-Marc

ps- im serious bout the beer! PM me your address and choice!

This is maybe what your looking for.
    I want to use it for inverting X and Y signal for mirroring the image. (when using 2 or more projectors). Just switch the ( +X and -X ) and ( +Y and-Y )

Link
    Link

Cool

Yeah, just Google "RS232" "jumper" "box" and you'll find several companies that sell them. Normal price is around 5 bucks a pop, but if you shop around you can find them for under $2.

Adam

Be careful. The parallel port is NOT RS232. The pins are totally different, and if the thing you get is specific to RS232 it won't have all the connections you need.

thanks everyone for your feedback!

this rs232 serial jumper box is perfect. it allows for your own pin wiring if need be. so, the actual signal routes isnt important to me. but thanks alot for the heads up. the only 2 pins i will be using (other than the pins being jumped together) will be pin 13 for the shutter.
    again,
    thanks!!

-Marc

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson30 View Post
    Be careful. The parallel port is NOT RS232. The pins are totally different, and if the thing you get is specific to RS232 it won't have all the connections you need.
    He doesn't need to be careful. The jumper box he is looking for is called an "RS-232 Jumper Box". That's how it's sold.

It has connections for all 25 pins, and a small PCB where you solder the wires to connect one end to the other. Since *you* do the soldering, you can wire it up any way you choose. (Stock out of the package, none of the pins are connected; see the picture posted above.)

Obviously the parallel port is not wired the same as a serial port, but that is irrelevant. The ILDA standard DB-25 connector is ALSO not wired the same as a parallel port. This little jumper box allows you to wire the pins however you like.

They're great for making adapters to go between non-ILDA controllers (like the older QM-32 or Full Auto) and a newer projector that is wired to the ILDA standard. They're also useful for testing purposes.

I bought 6 of these things (from Digikey, I think) back in the summer, and I'm pretty sure I've still got one or two left. Damn handy to have around. (I first discovered these things back in my Amiga days; we used them to create "Par-net" adapters for the now-ancient parallel networking product that was released in the late 1980's for the Amiga. This was pre-ethernet, and Par-Net was a hell of a lot faster than a null-modem link!)

Adam