Thread: uk customs / 200-300mw532nm FDA portable

Default uk customs / 200-300mw532nm FDA portable

im wondering how to legalise my purchase and how to avoid taxman nabbing 17.5% of $430 its one of drlavas gbs

my toughts were mislabeling the price and item but that screws the insurance i got (through lava)

and do the fda standards(key/shutter/interlock/delay/on light) legalise 1mw+ lasers in the uk? or do i have to do some formfilling?

or do i just pray to every god there is

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

FDA (Food & Drugs Administration)?
    Why would an American department have a say in the legal system of Great Britain?

Based on the fact that you can already purchase laser pointers up to 5 times greater than 1 mw already, I'd say you are pretty safe from form filling for the moment.

FDA/CDRH regulates and controls lasers in the USA. not overseas. if it were being imported *INTO* the USA, they would have jurisdiction over it.

well i was wondering if the fda regulations ( 5point saftey) is accepted in to uk to legalise class 3b lasers like in the usa buty i have read up some laser saftey forum nwesletters and it seems with the key/interlock laseing-light and delay ( delay is not preesent but hey)

So Tomcat, what is the most powerful laser you have used to date? I'm definately getting some goggles in the Group Buy with mine, because I've seen even what around 30mW can do.

the most powerful green is a dxtrue 100 so around 80mw green and 500mw IR
    most powerful red 180mw @ 650nm

i have ordered some green protection ages ago its on its way ( will arrive before laser easily) its a od3 on 532nm and od 6 on 780-1400nm