Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Baaackk!

Adam-
    I'll need one of those dichro$ too--
    Ok, as soon as I get the optics and driver fine-tuned I'll start on yours.
    @ 500, it'll probably be a non-profit deal though- the diode itself is 300 + optics/enclosure/ electronics and precious time.. you know how scarce that last one is..but if you like yours, there maybe enough interest generated to start a small production run
    (That is, if Mitsu is still speaking to me)
    The lead-time may be a little while tho..

Adam-
    Maybe I was being presumesuous (we need a spellchek here) If you want one -PM me. (I'm still working on the prototype, here - it may be a little-while b4 I'm finished) I want the final product to be attractive and reliable. I've run these diodes for long periods of time and they seem to hold up well (unless you short 'em to +9V/ 5Amps -oops)- costly mistake that wont happen again .. -heh- .. well, signing off now.. I see your gone too .. Have a good -one
    -Steve

Smile

Hey Steve-o;

No problem dude, it's all good. I'm not in any hurry to buy one right now anyway. And yeah, maybe $500 is a tad low considering the work involved. Tell you what: When I get ready to upgrade (later this summer at the earliest) I will contact you before I go shopping elsewhere. And if you're ready before then, well, the least I could do for you is a review of some sort, even if I don't have the scratch to buy one.

Like I said, it's going to be a while for me before I'm ready to upgrade my projector no matter what. (Got other things in line first, like the C-mas bills for one!)

Still, I'm glad you're sticking with the project. I think it could be a real improvement for my projector, and probably several others as well. Keep us posted of your progress.

Adam

New Picys-- This is the color.. had to go get the other camera out of the kitchen.. still an el-cheap-o internet cam but better color accuracy.. Also tweaked the laser optics a bit for better beam..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 636nm laser.JPG  

Smile

Looking good there, Steve-o!

Adam

Question

NICE steve-o! Have you tried anything with the lenses I sent you? what driver are you using?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thanx Y'all- I'm using a home-made driver with lenses from several different items.. I'm sorry Aaron but 1 is i think from binoculars 1 is CD player and the other is from Edmunds.. I tried tho.... I tried 'em all-- believe me . it waz painstaking... now if I could just remember where and wht power the lenses are I might could build another .. but It looks now like this may be it .. uhh ..... it...I've been in contact w / EO and researching it .. but things are rough at work right now so ..if I were a full-time laser scientist it would be different, but just like the rest of us, I got a day-job (trying to go back to night-shift, it's so much more peaceful) but I'm going to put full effort into this (without sacrificing marrige/job- maybe) and re- find this lens combination.. if I could just find out the mfg of the aspheric they put into a Samsung SC-148 CD reader from a Dell Optiplex... ohhh... the pain.. Well... it's not that bad-- it's kinda fun..
    Last edited by steve-o; 01-09-2008 at 15:04.

New specs: 30mm @ 50 ft. My wife said " I couldnt figure out who's stopping and sitting there" she thought it was tail-lights.. I was out in the yard testing.. She said several people slowed down to take a look...

Default Update

I've been running it all day at 280 ma and all is well.. Added a fourth lens to clean the beam up some as well as a pinhole and took measurements at 120 ft, 50 ft , 6 ft and at the aperature. The beam is now more elliptical but cleaner due to the 4th lens. Thats ok w/ me for beamshows I hope a foggy night comes soon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 636 Laser 1 2008.JPG  

Here's the spot on that same tree at nite:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LASER TREE.JPG