Thread: New User PL

Post New User PL

Hello guys, I am located in Brazil and I work with Laser Light Shows, about 20 years and I would like to exchange information and ideas with the members of PL.
    I have a Full Color Laser model 168 Spectra Physics, but I am wanting to sell to buy a RGB DPSS Laser and therefore I would like to know, Which is in the moment the best RGB Laser for big or medium environment, with balanced colors, with the best cost-benefit?

Regards and Happy New Year for everyone

José Carlos

Most of the users here are Hobbyists so it might be some time before some of the Pros come out here to share their thoughts.

But if it's quality I bet most people would say Arctos, if you can afford it.

Thank you for your reply mliptack and I know that many users are hobbyists, however all the information are valid, independent if it is of a hobbyists or professional and besides many hobbyists already has RGB Lasers.
    Regarding your indication of Arctos, I think very expensive the Lasers and therefore I am seeking a manufacturer with lower values.

Regards

Jose Carlos

Hello Carlos,
    welcome to PL and happy new year.
    Brizal is a very beautiful country, yes ,especially football, I like it.
    I am sure at there you will find what you want,yes, there are many hobbiest but they did very professional working.
    wish you enjoy there.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Hello Bridge

Thank you for your reply and the Brazil it is really a very beautiful country and I think you can help me, because I read some Bridge posts in PL and I would like to know which output power of the model RGB Lasers that Laser-Wave manufactures and if possible to test the lasers manufactured by you.

Regards and Happy New Year

José Carlos

Hello Carlos,
    Had PM to you.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasershow View Post
    Hello Bridge

Thank you for your reply and the Brazil it is really a very beautiful country and I think you can help me, because I read some Bridge posts in PL and I would like to know which output power of the model RGB Lasers that Laser-Wave manufactures and if possible to test the lasers manufactured by you.

Regards and Happy New Year

José Carlos

Cool

Hi José, welcome to PhotonLexicon!

There's been a lot of posts about solid state lasers lately, and the general consensus is that, for the most part, you get what you pay for. Unfortunately, since we have a lot of hobbyists here, most of our members are on a budget. Arctos units are certianly the cat's meow, but they carry a very high price tag - one that is out of reach for all but the most well-financed professional laser companies.

CNI lasers have a good reputation here, at least when compared to the other Chinese laser suppliers. Laser Wave products have also been well received, despite the fact that they appear to be relative newcomers to the industry. (Rumor has it that the company was formed by a group of engineers from CNI that left to start their own laser company.)

Lasever has suffered some setbacks recently, but they claim to have worked out the problems with their design. Although they're sometimes difficult to get in touch with, they do honor their warranty. Time will tell if the improvements they've made will solve the problems they've been having. Still, they are unquestionably the low-price leader, which is one reason why so many hobbyists own Lasever lasers. But then again, for a production company it might not be a good idea to run the risk of having a projector go down right before a show.

Finally, there are a few members here that are running Viasho lasers, and to the best of my recollection they've been quite reliable as well. Don't know how they compare price-wise to the other companies though.

Search through the forums, and pay particular attention to the product review sub-forum. There are many informative posts in there that will help you with your purchase, should you decide that solid-state is the way you want to go.

And, again, welcome to the forums!

Adam

Hi Adam

Thank you very much for your orientations it is a pleasure to talk with you and if you know of some other manufacturer with good reputation, inform me please.

Regards

Jose Carlos