Thread: London O2 Arena New Year Show

Default London O2 Arena New Year Show

Just been watching the NYE show with Take That (no Take That weren't watching it with me, they were on it) and they only had 2 greenies in the show, seemed pretty low power too I thought they would have had a decent laser show.

Jimbo

i saw that.

they looked pretty crap to me, did liquid sky and that was it!!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Simon Cowell just bought a new Maybach so no money for lasers.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Simon Cowell just bought a new Maybach so no money for lasers.
    Pah - a new maybach - he makes enough every time he takes a dump to buy one of those

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default ha ! TAKE THAT

I would imagine the issue was the whole of the show was INDOOR i can imagine this caused issues no end for termination.

I agree it didnt look spectacular but i would imagine we would all be complianing if a 40 watt YAG was terminating on the audiance at the end of the arena .

As it was i would guess they were using no more than 5 watts , 3 watts seems feasible .i think the idea was to highlight the walkway either side as it came down from the sky .

I *think* james at laser visuals was involved in this GIG , not sure if it was his equipment or wether he was involved in H&S issues.

We all know what lasers are capable of , some stunning effects but i think the days of guys blindly pointing huge powerful lasers anywhere are well gone now ...watching it i certainly thought , hey they could have done this , done that , but at end of day with an arena full of seats terminations the big issue i would imagine

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Happy New Year everyone.

I agree in that theTV footage didn't do the lasers any justice. In the flesh though they did look more effective. I think part of the problem could be down to the recent trend in camera operators and producers to keep their kit well out of the way of any laser effects since the reports of people damaging their kit by being struck by a laser effects. In fact the TV footage didn't even show the two whitelights that were being used on the project too.

Best regards

James

The MEN Arena had a show on on 8th December that wasan all seater.
    They extensively used lasers.
    YouTube video of Classical Spectacular

Jim

Jimbo;

Now *THAT* looked cool. I'd pay good money to see that show. Pity that it's only in the UK.

Adam

The video clip is a promo for the Raymond Gubbay Classical Spectaculars. The've been running these events for a good few years now, and they always seem to be a success, and always have some nice pretty laser effects as a major part of the show. The highlight are the events at the Royal Albert Hall. But for those in the North West, the new Liverpool Echo Arena will host a concert this coming April too.

Liverpool - May just have to look out for that one - as it smy local

Rob

EDIT - in fact here it is!
    http://www.accliverpool.com/whatson/classical.asp
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk