Thread: Hello all...

Default Hello all...

Hi,

After having to sell my old argon laser over 10 years ago, I have decided to try to take up my hobby once more. I am pleased I have found such a great forum and helpful group of people and am looking forward to catching up on the latest technology.

Smile

Hello Haymaker; welcome to PhotonLexicon!

Nice to see new faces. What sort of Argon did you have? (Air cooled, or something larger perhaps?) Things have gotten a little cheaper in the past 10 years, but this is still a money pit hobby. Still, there's lots of help available here.

Where are you located?

Adam

Hi Buffo,

I am in Bromley, SE London and am thinking of going to UKLEM to see what can be done now with new lasers etc. My old Argon was an air cooled beast. very basic scanning (speakers) and very heavy.

Would love to get a nice small system capable of simple graphics and beam shows.

Hi Haymaker,

If you're able to make the UKLEM in Feb, it would be time very well spent if you're planning on putting together a new system.
    Rob (Stanwax) will hopefully be bringing along his lovely SP168 whitelight and there should be plenty of other full colour, RGY and single colour systems both on show (and with their covers off) to get your mouth watering - and your wallet cringing

Hi Haymaker and welcome to the forum. As others will testify, and time will prove, this is a great place to be. If you do decide to come to the UKLEM in February i'm sure you'll be made most welcome.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    .... If you do decide to come to the UKLEM in February i'm sure you'll be made most welcome.
    Unless of course he wins the raffle in which case we'll scratch his eyes out and batter him with our handbags whilst screaming "Biiiiiiiiiiitch !!"

Oh.. is that just me then?

Only kidding matey. Welcome to the most knowledgeable place for laser enthusiasts on Planet Earth.

Smile

Haymaker;

I strongly agree with our other UK members here when they recommend that you attend the United Kingdom Laser Enthusiast's Meeting (UKLEM) in February. These events are a great way to learn about the technology. You'll be able to see lots of different hardware and software, which will help you decide which direction you want to go with the hobby. They're also quite social in nature; I know we always have a blast at the meets we have over here in the US. Plus you get to watch some really cool laser shows, and that's always fun!

Adam

Default Welcome nice to see new members

It's always a pleasure to have new friends in this industry, welcome aboard captin...

Marcus

Default hey, good haymaker

Hello,

I am also a new member to the Photon Lexicon but an old hand at light shows.
    Also interested in a putting together a new DPSS RGB unit, after running with mixed gas.

SEAlaser

Default hey, good haymaker

Hello,

I am also a new member to the Photon Lexicon but an old hand at light shows.
    Also interested in a putting together a new DPSS RGB unit, after running with mixed gas.

(oops, my icon didn't come up, will try to reload)
    SEAlaser