Thread: Looking for red green dichro with mount

Default Looking for red green dichro with mount

Just so I'm sure - is it the transmitted beam that loses more energy than the reflected one?

If so then I'm after afilter that passes green and reflects red.

Just so I know - do these things have a good and bad side?

I bought a $10 dichro from Electronic Goldmine for testing, and it seems to reflect green and pass red - not really what I want.

The coating seems to be on one side only.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by shobley View Post
    Just so I'm sure - is it the transmitted beam that loses more energy than the reflected one?
    It depends on the spec of the dichro itself - generally yes but you may need to experiment with the filter to see.

Just so I know - do these things have a good and bad side?
    Yes the coating will be on one side only - this is the surface that the reflected beam should bounce off and the transmitted beam should exit

I bought a $10 dichro from Electronic Goldmine for testing, and it seems to reflect green and pass red - not really what I want.
    But if it still mixed the 2 colours you want wheres the problem - appart from it loosing more red than you want. My edmunds optics green reflect filter transmits 95% red and reflects 93% green. The red reflect filters are very good at reflecting red, again EO ones reflect 98% red and transmit 94% green - so thers isnt much in it. 3% red is all you are talking about I guess.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

The coating seems to be on one side only.
    Steve
    This is a very cheap dichro!. Good ones have both sides coated. One side to reflect as much as possible other side to eliminate as much of reflection as possible.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Can someone point me to the product on the Edmund's Optics site?

I see red pass and green pass filters, but nothing specifically designed as a red/green dichro...

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...=2433&search=1

The color of the dichro indicates the color that will be reflected. So, if you want to reflect red and pass green and blue get a red dichro. I use the one inch size because it gives me a bigger target.

From whay Ive heard the dichros from one stop laser shop are supposed to be as good if not better than edmunds and are cheaper - apparently.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk