Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RGB DPSS Lasers - Which are the manufacturers with better qualities and costs?

That 500 mw RGB... Were you doing graphics with that or beams? From the pic, it looks like beams, but I would have thought that 500 mw would be too little power for such a large venue.

The two 500 mw greens look great though!

Adam

yea the show was all beams and the 500rgb looks better in person
    it works great in that space (could be a little brighter but that is always the case)

Cool...

What red are you running in that unit? (635 or 660?)

Nice colors though. Looks like you had a good time, despite the failure. Any idea how much it's going to cost to get the MG fixed? (My guess is, a lot!)

Adam

not sure on the reds i just got the unit and the red head didn't have a sticker on it and i dint get a spec sheet or any thing with it the company i work for got it and my boss didnt like the size so he decided not to carry them so i got it cheap

but later i will compare next to my maxyz (658nm 178mw)

but the mg was on loan to me for nye just my luck it dies when i have it
    but a friend told me that fred at osls had told him that it was common that the for the vanadate to fall off in these units as they are just press fit and not glued if that's the case here it may not be so bad and when fred does replace them he also will glue it so they don't fall out again

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Greetings Jose.

Dr laser is correct. You can have cheap = Chineese DPSS, CNI, Lasever, Vishio... or Quality = US DPSS, Miles Gerot (SP?), Spectra Physics... Maxyzmodules...

As far as I know, most of us here go with cheap. Maxyz are a little of both, great quality, good price, but there is a power limit. 400mWish with a dual and if you can talk marconi into it, maybe a quad that does 750mW. I am not sure he is selling those yet.

By cheap I mean... Lasershow parts has a 50mW 473nm CNI on sale for $750ish. A MG or SP 50mW 473nm would cost as much as a small car. I have no idea, but I would say $5000, unless you find a killer deal on eBay like that luck bastard Laser Ben... I think he got a REAL DEAL on a 457nm MG. I really wnated that one...

For me, I like CNI, but I hear bridge, a member here, will be selling comparable modules to CNI and that may be a good avenue to look at.

As for cost. I have about $3000, give or take, in my projector for all 3 lasers, scanners, enclosure (not complete), and DAC with software. I think another $1000 and it should be able to make a little $ back. I hope.
    Good luck with this money pit you are about to dig.
    Thank you for your orientations and indications, they were very useful

Regards

José Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    José ;

AllThatWhichIs has a point. You're going to spend somewhere between $3,500 and $4,000 for a basic RGB projector, and that's if you build it yourself using inexpensive lasers. For that amount of money, you can expect to have around 400 mw of red, 100 mw of green, and 100 mw of blue, plus a decent set of scanners, the mounts and dichros needed to combine everything, the enclosure itself, and the optical plate to mount everything to. Sure, the color balance won't be perfect, but it's a start.

This is not an ideal system for a commercial laser show company; it's more of a starter system. But it will allow you to demonstrate what you can do with a laser projector. (Note that after you build it, you still need to purchase software and a controller to go with it, which will cost at least another $500 to $1,500.)

It would be helpful to know exactly what you want to do with the projector. The final use might point you in another direction...

Adam
    Adam

Thank you for your assistance

Regards

Jose Carlos

here's some bad youtube footage of the rgb system at the same club from nov the only difference is the 2 greens one is a 100mw and the other was a 300mw thats all i had in that day (the club called to book me 2 days before the show)
    and the dj that night was Sasha
    --
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwrNa...eature=related

Cool

Lookin' good. The greens could use a little more punch, but the RGB unit looks nice.

Pretty decent-sized club there. What would you guess - 800 ppl? more?

Adam

id say more a lot more there is also balconys on 3 sides you can only see one

+ 2 more floors it has 5 rooms

also i was wrong on the power of the rgb its only 370mw
    473 100mw/ 635 150mw/ 532 120mw
    and it looks like it has set scanpro 30k in it

it dosnt look bad for such low power in such a large space

and like i said that you tube had only a 100mw 532 on one side and a 300mw on the other side
    the pics from the 29 and nye are 500mw each and that looked great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails websternye.bmp  

Cool

Ok - yeah, that place looks a lot bigger in that last pic you posted!

And I agree; the original pic with the 500 mw greens looks great. It's just that second one with the 100 mw and 300 mw units that looks a little dim.

Sill a nice gig though.

Adam