Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RGB DPSS Lasers - Which are the manufacturers with better qualities and costs?

Cool

Go to this page on the Pangolin website. On the left side of the page you will see links to chapters 4, 5, 8, and 9 of the DVD tutorial video. (You can also scroll down the page to read more about each chapter.) Pay particular attention to chapter 9; that's the showtime editor, which you will use to create laser shows.

There are some additional links to other video chapters below those. Have a look around... If you watch all the videos on the website, you will get *some* idea as to the power of the software that comes with Pangolin. (And remember that the tutorial DVD has a lot more chapters than what you see on the website.)

Adam

HI Lasershow.....

I would like to fully endorse what Adam has said with regard to Pangolin.

This is truly powerful stuff.

I entered into the software / hardware without knowing anything.
    Like you I am somewhat "remote" down here in New Zealand.
    I took Adams advice and went Pangolin. ( I now have three QM2000 cards and the network cards)..
    It is this point I wanted to add to what Adam has said.. the Pangolin system is a Professional system that allows for great expansion in the future.
    If you can stretch out to get one of the QM2000 cards (any one) you can treat it as "number one" in your system If you should ever need to expand the whole infrastructure is there built in.
    The software knows how many scanners you have in your system you can talk to one or numerous you can even control each scanner separately all from within the software (they can even do different things all at the same time.)
    Its like buying the first brick in a wall.
    If you think that sometime in the future you will want to get "more stuff" then Pangolin is the answer.

By the way the Designer and manufacturer, Bill, talks to us here on PL and is right there if you hit the wall with things..

Good luck whatever you decide

Ray
    NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Go to this page on the Pangolin website. On the left side of the page you will see links to chapters 4, 5, 8, and 9 of the DVD tutorial video. (You can also scroll down the page to read more about each chapter.) Pay particular attention to chapter 9; that's the showtime editor, which you will use to create laser shows.

There are some additional links to other video chapters below those. Have a look around... If you watch all the videos on the website, you will get *some* idea as to the power of the software that comes with Pangolin. (And remember that the tutorial DVD has a lot more chapters than what you see on the website.)

Adam
    Thank you for the information Adam, I will verify Pangolin Tutorial.

Carlos

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    By the way the Designer and manufacturer, Bill, talks to us here on PL and is right there if you hit the wall with things..
    Yeah, Bill's a great guy, the BEST way to get in touch with him is to go directly to the pangolin website under the 'contact' part of the website. There is a simple form to fill out on the site and he will email or call you in short order!

HI Lasershow.....

I would like to fully endorse what Adam has said with regard to Pangolin.

This is truly powerful stuff.

I entered into the software / hardware without knowing anything.
    Like you I am somewhat "remote" down here in New Zealand.
    I took Adams advice and went Pangolin. ( I now have three QM2000 cards and the network cards)..
    It is this point I wanted to add to what Adam has said.. the Pangolin system is a Professional system that allows for great expansion in the future.
    If you can stretch out to get one of the QM2000 cards (any one) you can treat it as "number one" in your system If you should ever need to expand the whole infrastructure is there built in.
    The software knows how many scanners you have in your system you can talk to one or numerous you can even control each scanner separately all from within the software (they can even do different things all at the same time.)
    Its like buying the first brick in a wall.
    If you think that sometime in the future you will want to get "more stuff" then Pangolin is the answer.

Good luck whatever you decide

Ray
    NZ
    Ray thank you for your information and explanation, other replies and helps are welcome

Carlos

Default Continuing with the main theme

Hello members, I will return to the initial subject of thread that are the manufacturers with better qualities and prices of RGB DPSS Lasers, then if somebody wants to give some opinion, information or comment and mainly comparative tests and evaluations, it will be very interesting for the theme.

Carlos

Default Continuing this thread

Hello guys, does nobody want to continue this thread?

Did you let the theme to die?

Carlos

My personal take on this -

Most people here are those that build their own RGB systems. I have not heard about a single person that has purchased an already build RGB. I dont know if that is because of person taste, lack of 'at the moment' funds, or just plan 'want to do-it-yourself'-ness but I would say 99% of the people here have such systems...

Either really investigate/research (which it seems you are) the system before you buy it, or build your own...

Personally I (and I am sure many others will) back-up the latter.

-Max

just a word of Caution ..... "RGB" in Hungary makes an all in one compact rgb head and Driver ... and so does a some other high end suppliers

Now the upside is that it is small, compact less alignment issues a single driver box and single head and with few connecting cables etc ....

the down side is ...... that if the PSU fails or the fuse blows or a connector comes loose .... You Lose the LOT ....

with seperates, the risk of losing the show is less, ... ok if you lose a red ... you can still carry on and get paid at the end of the evening ....

its all about risk and with seperates the risk of losing everything is a lot less

all the best ... Karl

Most people here are those that build their own RGB systems. I have not heard about a single person that has purchased an already build RGB. I dont know if that is because of person taste, lack of 'at the moment' funds, or just plan 'want to do-it-yourself'-ness but I would say 99% of the people here have such systems...
    Thank you MAX, but it is this that I need to know of the other members that has RGB Systems built or already bought ready, I think most prefers to build because it is cheaper and pleased

Either really investigate/research (which it seems you are) the system before you buy it, or build your own...
    I am really investigating and researching before buying and then the opinion of the users is very important

Personally I (and I am sure many others will) back-up the latter.
    Why do you think it will be necessary back-up later?

Carlos