Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: RGB DPSS Lasers - Which are the manufacturers with better qualities and costs?

Smile

Carlos;

What Max meant was that most people here will choose the latter of his two options... That is, most people here decide to build their own projector. That means we buy our own lasers.

There are already several threads in the product review forum that talk about different brands of lasers, and the pros and cons of each one. I suggest you go to the product review forum and read some of the threads about Lasever, Laserwave, Viasho, and CNI lasers. Those are the most popular brands that people here have experience with.

Pay particular attention to the comments about some of the reseller companies as well, as they don't all have good reputations. (In particular, there are several comments about Extreme Lasers and Axiz lasers that you might find interesting.)

Adam

Carlos, I hope you're not seeing me as being in any way abrasive with this topic, as I don't intend to. I just see that you are trying to squeeze every last answer out (which I understand - as you want to be sure you make an intelligent purchase).

To me it seems like you may have your heart set on some product already. If you do, tell us what it is you are considering purchasing, I doubt many of us (if any of us) have any experience with it, but we can at least look through the specs and tell you if it's worth any of your time.

As Adam said I mean 'latter' as in 'the former (first) and the latter (last)' options. Sorry for the confusion. Personally - well from experience - I don't see building my own RGB as being cheaper... lol, in fact there are a lot of other costs that are incurred that I didn't foresee. Also the time I spend is valuable to me, and I've dumped a ton of hours into building my projector, and its still in pieces. There's a LOT of planning involved! But you are right, there is the satisfaction that one feels once they see their baby all grown up...

I think the real difference is the price tag on the pre-built RGB has the sticker shock effect. You see a really high price tag. Whereas the home built RGB has several smaller price tags along the way.

Like I said above, I hope you don't see my responses as being abrasive at all, it just seems like you are trying to find an answer that no one here can really give. I think the best we can do is give you advice to guide you in a path that is proven to work and followed by many people successfully. I think Karl here put the cherry on top of the sundae by saying "its all about risk." I think if pre-built RGB systems were superior, we would be seeing a lot more of them.

Regards,
    Max

just a word of Caution ..... "RGB" in Hungary makes an all in one compact rgb head and Driver ... and so does a some other high end suppliers

Now the upside is that it is small, compact less alignment issues a single driver box and single head and with few connecting cables etc ....

the down side is ...... that if the PSU fails or the fuse blows or a connector comes loose .... You Lose the LOT ....

with seperates, the risk of losing the show is less, ... ok if you lose a red ... you can still carry on and get paid at the end of the evening ....

its all about risk and with seperates the risk of losing everything is a lot less

all the best ... Karl
    Hello Karl, Thank you for the information and clue of Hungarian RGB, then to get lost a color the other colors, will they also be lost in this RGB system?

Does the system have only one PSU for the three heads?

Which are the output power and the prices of these systems RGB?

Carlos

Carlos;

What Max meant was that most people here will choose the latter of his two options... That is, most people here decide to build their own projector. That means we buy our own lasers.

There are already several threads in the product review forum that talk about different brands of lasers, and the pros and cons of each one. I suggest you go to the product review forum and read some of the threads about Lasever, Laserwave, Viasho, and CNI lasers. Those are the most popular brands that people here have experience with.

Pay particular attention to the comments about some of the reseller companies as well, as they don't all have good reputations. (In particular, there are several comments about Extreme Lasers and Axiz lasers that you might find interesting.)

Adam
    Adam , Thank you and I will verify the threads about the companies of Lasers and the comments about the reseller companies.

Carlos

Carlos, I hope you're not seeing me as being in any way abrasive with this topic, as I don't intend to. I just see that you are trying to squeeze every last answer out (which I understand - as you want to be sure you make an intelligent purchase).

To me it seems like you may have your heart set on some product already. If you do, tell us what it is you are considering purchasing, I doubt many of us (if any of us) have any experience with it, but we can at least look through the specs and tell you if it's worth any of your time.
    Max thank you and you don't worry, because you are not being abrasive and I would really like to do an intelligent purchase and I liked a lot of the comments in other threads about Lasers of Laserwave, however it is a little expensive for me to order now and therefore I will await to lower the values or to receive new offers and cooperations.

Regards

Carlos

Carlos,

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I agree, lasers can be an expensive industry to be involved in, whether or not its only for your personal satisfaction.

If you do decide to purchase a pre-made RGB unit, be sure to share your experience here!

-Max

If you do decide to purchase a pre-made RGB unit, be sure to share your experience here!
    Max, if I do decide to buy a RGB Laser, I certainly will share my experience with tests, evaluations and pics and mainly publishing the procedures of the chosen company, since the order until the delivery of the Laser.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    yea like 1hr into infected mushroom the melles just dies no out put although on the pc read out it was pulling 16amps

lucky the 3 chinese lasers i had work fine

2 x 500 532 and one 500mw rgb
    What brand and model is the RGB unit, it looks nice from that photo.