Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RGB DPSS Lasers - Which are the manufacturers with better qualities and costs?

Default RGB DPSS Lasers - Which are the manufacturers with better qualities and costs?

Hello guys, I don't have experience with RGB Dpss Lasers, but I verified here in PL, that many members already have this type of Laser, with several tests and therefore I would like help and to know opinions of you, Which are RGB Lasers's manufacturers with better qualities and costs?

José Carlos

There is not such a thing as RGB laser. They are all made of 3 lasers R G and B. Also there is no such a thing as quality and cheap. You choose one. Cheap is cheap and quality is quality. To make it clear, post how much money you want to spend and we will give you idea where to find one for your budget. But be sure that you put a side at least $5.000+ Also it would be good to know what is the purpose for this RGB you're looking for.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Smile welcome to PL

Hi, dear Jose! I am nono shen, welcome to join us to a member of PL. Any question or requirement, welcome to contact me anytime, it is my pleasure to help you!

Happy new Year!

Hi,

Tell us your expect output power, tell us your combination, 532-473-635 or 532-473-650 or 532-473-671, tell us your solution, which step you want the supplier to build for you, 3 seperate lasers ? or a white color ? or with scanner ? etc…, then choose your right supplier both available for you on quality and price.

Luke WANG
    www.skylaser.cn

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    There is not such a thing as RGB laser. They are all made of 3 lasers R G and B. Also there is no such a thing as quality and cheap. You choose one. Cheap is cheap and quality is quality. To make it clear, post how much money you want to spend and we will give you idea where to find one for your budget. But be sure that you put a side at least $5.000+ Also it would be good to know what is the purpose for this RGB you're looking for.
    Thank you for your orientations, but the one that I am wanting to know is, which the best cost-benefit and I still don't have a value to spend and RGB Laser's purpose is for demonstration and opening of market here in Brazil for this type of Laser, still little used .

Regards

Jose Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by nono shen View Post
    Hi, dear Jose! I am nono shen, welcome to join us to a member of PL. Any question or requirement, welcome to contact me anytime, it is my pleasure to help you!

Happy new Year!
    Hello Nono Shen

Thank you for your reply and any need I will contact you

Regards

Jose Carlos

Lightbulb

Greetings Jose.

Dr laser is correct. You can have cheap = Chineese DPSS, CNI, Lasever, Vishio... or Quality = US DPSS, Miles Gerot (SP?), Spectra Physics... Maxyzmodules...

As far as I know, most of us here go with cheap. Maxyz are a little of both, great quality, good price, but there is a power limit. 400mWish with a dual and if you can talk marconi into it, maybe a quad that does 750mW. I am not sure he is selling those yet.

By cheap I mean... Lasershow parts has a 50mW 473nm CNI on sale for $750ish. A MG or SP 50mW 473nm would cost as much as a small car. I have no idea, but I would say $5000, unless you find a killer deal on eBay like that luck bastard Laser Ben... I think he got a REAL DEAL on a 457nm MG. I really wnated that one...

For me, I like CNI, but I hear bridge, a member here, will be selling comparable modules to CNI and that may be a good avenue to look at.

As for cost. I have about $3000, give or take, in my projector for all 3 lasers, scanners, enclosure (not complete), and DAC with software. I think another $1000 and it should be able to make a little $ back. I hope.
    Good luck with this money pit you are about to dig.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

well i would call melles quality expensive yea
    but they suck

sorry for the rant i just had a 3.2w melles die on nye and it only had 100hr including standyby time

and my other melles 2.5w ramps down after warmup well its not a melles its a laserpower the company that sold them the design and this one while old only has maybee 300hrs as it was a backup unit (melles was taking trade ins on these ) so i call it a melles

Cool

I'm sorry to hear that you had a Mells Griot die on you there, VJ. That's got to hurt when it dies during a big show like New Year's Eve.

José ;

AllThatWhichIs has a point. You're going to spend somewhere between $3,500 and $4,000 for a basic RGB projector, and that's if you build it yourself using inexpensive lasers. For that amount of money, you can expect to have around 400 mw of red, 100 mw of green, and 100 mw of blue, plus a decent set of scanners, the mounts and dichros needed to combine everything, the enclosure itself, and the optical plate to mount everything to. Sure, the color balance won't be perfect, but it's a start.

This is not an ideal system for a commercial laser show company; it's more of a starter system. But it will allow you to demonstrate what you can do with a laser projector. (Note that after you build it, you still need to purchase software and a controller to go with it, which will cost at least another $500 to $1,500.)

It would be helpful to know exactly what you want to do with the projector. The final use might point you in another direction...

Adam

yea like 1hr into infected mushroom the melles just dies no out put although on the pc read out it was pulling 16amps

lucky the 3 chinese lasers i had work fine

2 x 500 532 and one 500mw rgb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails u.bmp  

n516995918_537445_6553.jpg