Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: PBS Cubes (650 and 473nm) + AR Coated Dichros + Mirror Mount Group Buy

Matt- I'll let you know within a few days.

-Max

Please, is it possible to also get a spec of the beamsplitters and the dichros, like for common laser lines (405), 442, 457, 473, (488, 514), 532, 633 and 660 nm?

Is there any chance of a group buy on PBS mounts?
    Cheers

LaserLips - Not sure yet, but it seems like it could happen. Again we would need a minimum qty of 50.

Roy G Biv - See the attached images those specs are for the dichroics. I don't have specs for the PBS cubes at this point.

-Max

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to attach the images
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dichro_specs_001.jpg  

DSC065312.JPG  

DSC065282.JPG  

Last edited by mliptack; 01-20-2008 at 15:33.

im interested in

7b) Dichrohic Kit - (includes 1 each of the AR Dichros and Two 3-Axis mounts) $120

and white light goggles

if we can get mounts for the cubes i might get a set of those in case i want to get an extra red/blue laser

So, if I read the charts above correctly, I end up with these numbers:

Transmission for common laser lines through the Blue reflection/Green-Red transmission dichroic:
    405 nm, T<1 %
    442 nm, T<1 %
    457 nm, T<1 %
    473 nm, T<1 %
    488 nm, T=6 %
    514 nm, T=63 %
    532 nm, T=90 %
    633 nm, T=95 %
    660 nm, T=91 %

Transmission for common laser lines through the Blue-Green reflection/Red transmission dichroic:
    405 nm, T=40 %
    442 nm, T=27 %
    457 nm, T<1 %
    473 nm, T<1 %
    488 nm, T<1 %
    514 nm, T<1 %
    532 nm, T<1 %
    633 nm, T=90 %
    660 nm, T=90 %

Mliptack, do you know at what angle these measurements are made? How does the reflection/transmission change with incidence?

Does somebody know how these compare to the EdmundOpticīs dichroics?
    http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...=2433&search=1
    http://www.edmundoptics.com//images/catalog/5489.gif

Every photon counts so I need the best dichroics I can afford.

From the numbers above I have also calculated the final transmission of 473, 532 and 633 nm in a combined RGB beam with the two dichroics in their two possible combinations. (There are more combinations together with the Green reflection/Blue-Red transmission dichro from EO.)

First case
    Combine the Red beam with the Green beam via the "Green reflection/Red transmission dichroic". Then combine the Red-Green beam with the Blue beam via the "Blue reflection/Red-Green transmission dichroic". The final transmission for the colors are then:

Red: 0.90*0.95 => 86 % (This would be worse with 660 nm => 82 %)
    Green: 0.99*0.90 => 89 %
    Blue: 0.99 %

Second case:
    Combine the Blue beam with the Green beam via a "Blue reflection/Green transmission dichroic". Then combine the Blue-Green with the Red beam via the "Green-Blue reflection/Red transmission dichroic" The final transmission for the colors are then:

Red: 0.9 => 90 %
    Green: 0.90*0.99 => 89 %
    Blue: 0.99*0.99 => 98 %

I would say your interpretation of the graph is pretty good, however, I think the transmission of the lasers is better than what those graphs state. I know Bridge just switched both dichros to a 1mm thickness to reduce losses.

Also some other members (Mike) on the forums reviewed the gratings and said they were better than the equivalent Edmunds dichros and they were less touchy when it came to incidence angle. Of course the only difference would be size, the Edmunds are either 12.5mm or 25mm and these dichros are 15mm.

The image I have attached is the recommended way of using this particular set of dichros due to the higher cost per photon of the red laser.

However the last picture of course is another way the system could be built conserving the losses on the blue laser.

-Max

It seems as though the manage attachments part of the forums is down go to this page to see the images I am referring to
    http://www.laserpointerforums.com/fo...=1199489380/15

Hello Roy,
    Thanks for you detail analyse
    but remember the first pictures, reflect blue and green pass red, the vertical axis max is 112.5 not 100, so the transmission of the red is much higher than your write.
    the reflect blue pass green and red, also it 's tranmission higher than that you wrote.just because you say from pictures is some leaning, so give you some difficult to got a correct data.
    ok, no problem, if you are still doubt, maybe "Stanwax" in this forums will give your his answer:
    I have some of Bridges dichros which I am testing - and they blow edmunds out of the water!

I will be doing a full review when I take some proper measurements but these are so good I am considering rebuilding the optical platform in my RGB to allow me to use these. They are very good without much loss but best of all they have little angular sensitivity. EO dichros vary in performance as the angle changes particularly the blue reflecting dichro whic is at its best at 90 degrees to the beam! The laserwave dichros really do not care on the angle and give a good performance throughout.

Like I said I will review fully and post here - and will have them available for inspection at the UK meet.

Rob
    yes, if you will coming UK meeting, maybe you can asking Rob, he is very kindly man, so I think he 'd like help me to answer all of you questions.
    compare with EdmundOpticīs, no problem, we 'd like compare, compare will make us do better.

also I must declare as most of us are used 473nm or 457nm lasers, our design is most consider these lasers, if you special want 405nm and 445nm, we can try for you, which is much difficult than now, we must sacrifice green reflection, of course.
    any questions, please don't hesitate discuss here or contact with me, my email is : oe_laser@hotmail.com, I 'd like I can do something for you.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Bridge thank you for clarifying!

In my fury of responding I wrote that Mike was the one that reviewed, sorry, I meant Rob.

-Max

Hi, my name is Niels, I'm newly registered here.
    I'm from Belgium.

If possible, I would also like a PBS for 650nm

thanks in advance!