Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: PBS Cubes (650 and 473nm) + AR Coated Dichros + Mirror Mount Group Buy

Nope wasn't canceled but - was a long night. Either way I got the package tonight.
    I got a few pictures. I will hopefully post some tomorrow.

Also hopefully some/most of the packages will go out tomorrow.

-Max

Hi everyone that is following my posts!

SO here's the NEWS. I've started to part out all the items for shipment. I will post a list of people who I have a confirmed payment for in an hour or so. If you DO NOT see your name on the list - PM me with your email address, it is likely that I just missed it (lots of payments - lots of emails and lots of PMs I sorted through), or you sent the payment to my PayPal account with a different email address than the one I was communicating to you with (I have a few payments that are currently 'un-nammed' that I need to find the right owner)

That said.

I have some pictures I will be loading onto my computer once I find the card adapter...

SHIPPING -
    OK hopefully everything will be ready to ship tonight and hopefully will be sent out tomorrow. I know I said somewhere else that some of the packages would be shipped today. If you are aware of Milwaukee's current weather, you can understand why it hasn't been shipped yet. SO provided the weather cooperates and the Plows that are stuck get un-stuck I would say the vast majority of shipments will be shipped tomorrow.

I will also post a few pictures of my neighborhood... lol, when I walked outside today I thought that my car was stolen... nope just in a show drift. I have an entire city block that is empty behind me (those of you that know Milwaukee was a very industrial city historically, not so much anymore. There was a factory building that was behind my house until about '98 or so - Previously used to manufacture Rollerblades then batteries by Johnson Controls) well all the snow falls there and the high winds tend to blow all the snow into our car port area. It's great when you're late for work in the morning or something

Enough of my life story. I'll find the adapter for the pictures, and I'll post that list of people with confirmed payments

-Max

Ok, cant find the card adapter right now, I'll keep looking, the cable is around somewhere too so I could resort to trying to find that... I've got too many cables and stuff...

Here's the LIST

roSSco - Paid
    Stuka - Paid
    MechEng3 - Paid
    Tocket - Paid
    Smogthemog - Paid
    Dr.Lava - Paid
    Sawt al hurriyah - Paid
    Greenalien - Paid
    Displaser - Paid
    Ripe - Paid
    Lasermad - Paid
    Hemlock Mike - Paid
    dar303 - Paid
    yobresal - Paid
    Scopeguy20 - Paid
    Laser Steve - Paid
    Banthai - Paid

If you are not on this list you MIGHT have paid already, I just need to confirm the payment. So IM me with your email address and all will be cleared up. I am not going to post those names, but I am going to send out a PM to those members.

-Max

I also need to still find my camera adapter..... So I turned on the news for the first time since last night. I didn't realize what else this storm system brought.... tornado's everywhere - over 50 people dead and they expect the numbers to rise.

I hope anyone here affected by the tornado's are safe.

In Milwaukee we have high winds of 40mph here and 10-16" of snowfall over the last 16 hours or so.

Ok, I am pretty sure (I will confirm with my records in an hour or so) everyone has paid.

EXCEPT ajohnson30 - anyone got this guys #?

Here's whats going to happen. Because of the lack of 3-Axis mounts I filled the UK order and that will ship. You guys are short ONE 3-axis kit (I will PM Lasermad regarding that).

US People, since we dominated the 3-Axis category and since we were short about 28 3-Axis mounts I made us wait... sorry... If you want the goggles, 2-axis mounts and or dichros now because you just cant wait. PM me. I will ship items separately.
    Thanks for understanding. Hopefully we can have OUR 3-axis mounts soon

And still no word on the camera card adapter.... I lost it in the shipping and receiving department of my house.... Formally - and usually known as 'the land of the lasers.'

Hopefully I'll get some of these pictures to you guys soon.

-Max

Great! Sounds like I'll have RG next week then. Received my FB3 board and I have some red diodes laying around, just need the optics now.

400mW of 532nm and 400mW of 660nm... might have to tune the greenie down a bit.

Re stuff for the camera; it's weird how there's always something missing... sometimes it's the camera itself, sometimes memory card, but the most annoying thing is when you take the pictures and can't find the bloody card reader or the cable for it! You know it's on your desk, but there are many things on my desk.

Ok, all UK people Lasermad is distributing for you. I sent the UK package today. Contact him for more details.

Also everyone in the US that didn't get a 3 axis kit should be expecting a package soon too. I will post more details soon.

Thanks,
    Max

Took me a while... and still I didn't find the card adapter... I went with the cable approach and even then I ended up reformatting my computer to get that to work. It was long overdue anyway - I can use my desktop computer (instead of the laptop) for internet use now Now my inevitable carpel tunnel syndrome can take a seat on the back burner.

Alright, well here are some pictures that I've been meaning to share for about a week now.

Picture 1 - Package as it showed up
    Picture 2 - All the stuff laid out on the floor. About 4 grand worth of goggles mounts and optics. Note the hand for size reference - Also note, I have freakishly large hands so it's not the best size reference.
    Picture 3 - The weather that wasn't helping anything - visibility <1 city block.
    Picture 4 - Getting the dining room table set up as my first shipping headquarters - Later it moved downstairs... Note the helper dog and the gigantic tobleron there for Andy con
    Picture 5 - Ha, just thought this one was funny - she's eating some pizza crust here - I mean... yeah she's on a diet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02102008 522.jpg  

02102008 524.jpg  

02102008 527.jpg  

02102008 535.jpg  

02102008 536.jpg  

2nd Set of Pictures - Optics and mounts workin' it-
    Picture 6 - Lots-o-optics!
    Picture 7 - 2 and 3 Axis Back
    Picture 8 - 2 and 3 Axis Front
    Picture 9 - 2 and 3 Axis Top
    Picture 10 - 2 and 3 Axis again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02102008 540.jpg  

02102008 546.jpg  

02102008 545.jpg  

02102008 558.jpg  

02102008 549.jpg  

Also here are a few more pictures - these are in no particular order, just some images I've been meaning to share for a while, but haven't had the chance to - and am too lazy to start a new thread for them (besides some of them pertain to the group buy )

The first picture... my car's out there somewhere... right behind the fence on the tree side. Keep in mind - normally you'd be able to see the car perfectly from this angle.

Second picture - Fireworks during Festa Italiana taken at the Miller Lite Oasis stage on the Summerfest Grounds in Milwaukee - Fireworks are another one of my favorite things....

Third - Picture from the load in of that high school dance I referenced in another thread a while back. Sometimes I find that load-in's with high schoolers for help can go faster if you show them what they are working on can do. Hence the haze and lights running...

4th - way off topic, a blue spine lobster I had for a while in my 75gal Saltwater Reef Tank - That unfortunately got stuck between a rock and the glass while eating recently and died... that was an expensive lobster. It ate an entire school of Cardinal fish... @ $15 each they add up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02102008 530.jpg  

02102008 021.jpg  

02102008 122.jpg  

02102008 411.jpg  

Also if anyone is interested to know - all pictures taken above are from a Sony DSC-W70

I got some awesome pictures of the 1 watt last night using the Rebel XTi with the standard lens. I want to see what the macro lens will do for the photos... I'll post those pictures in a few days or so.

-Max

Also, I might start another thread for the group buy, just because I'm afraid people are going to think it is closed. Which it is not. I am still accepting orders.