Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer-115D 300mw open can red diode

Default Pioneer-115D 300mw open can red diode

ok got myself two tofhese burners

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=002

a friend said he is running one of these open can diodes in an aixiz case at 300mw with no problems.

im using a different case

ok well i cranked up the power to 300mw, after 10mins the case was warm (not hot) luke warm and the power had dropped to 285mw.

all i did was take a small peice of aluminium and rest it on top of the gold case and after a few mins it went up to 290mw and after 20mins its stayed there.

i will keep you posted.
    Last edited by andy_con; 02-28-2008 at 09:50.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

30mins still going strong at 290mw

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Very nice! Was it hard to extract the diode? I see these burners are fairly cheap in Sweden as well (€29).

There's something funny about the pictures though. In the first one with lasing the diode appears orange, and in the rest it looks pink/purple.

You know that the heat dissipation is proportional to area and not mass, right? Even a simple heatsink would be more effective than those blocks. TEC is nice too.

I like the housing though, where did you get that?

pretty easy, plus if i can do it anyone can do it. im just about to make a simple guide on my site.

im using my n95 nota proper camera, hense the colour.

those bits of aluminium were all i had ot hand.

1 hour with those two blocks at 290mw no problem and only slightly warm.

the housings were 200mw modules but broke so i took the housings, there great best housing ever. much better than aixiz.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

What current are you running at? What Voltage? Is there any data that indicates this diode is different from kaz's extensive tests of the 112D?

probably not, its probably the same diode.

im using a die4laser driver so 3v

not checked the current yet.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

a guide

http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/inde...id=79&Itemid=6

ok i am running the diode at 420ma
    Last edited by andy_con; 02-28-2008 at 13:24.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

had the diodes running at 300mw 420ma for two hours solid today and its stayed at 285mw and hasnt gone below that.

will see how 3 hours goes
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Andy con, nice work on the diode, I have a couple of questions it appears on the photo of the brass block that one of the threaded parts that screws in to the brass block is the diode holder if it is how are you keeping the diode in the holder because the threaded brass diode holder is not very good at heat dissipation even with thermal heat sink compound on the thread I have a feeling that the heat will not be getting away from the diode quick enough especially when you consider that brass is not that good at taking heat away ( all depending on the copper content) even at best 70% and with the diode holder you could be getting a localised heat build up around the diode hence the 15mw drop on the 300mw at start after warm up, at 250mw output the larger heat block I make was getting up to 7 degrees hotter than room temp so I would expect at the higher ma that you are pushing the diode to see another2-3 degrees on top of that, the warmer and quicker the heat block gets the more efficient it is per given size, just an observation not a criticism, keep up the good work
    Paul

the brass case may not be the best at getting rid of heat, but for the £22 per diode im not fussed.

if the diode last a year then great ill just buy some more. its a cheap way of getting 600mw odd.

so far the diode is running just fine, so fingers crossed
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat