Thread: Some Nice Laser Videos

Default Some Nice Laser Videos

Hi Guys .....

Funny how you go on the Web looking for some non laser related information and end up looking at lasers ....

I was updateing a discography of the band that i play in www.undergroundzero.co.uk and many years ago in the early 80s we did alot of stuff with hawkwind ( the music, not the other stuff ) and i was checking out a hawkwind website for some info and came across some cool photos of gigs, the light show was done by Chaos Illuminations .... i then checked out their website and found some great Laser Videos ..... then i remembered that Fluff had told me, chaos illuminations ( Neil ) was at the last UK meet and a member here on PL ....

So hopefully neil wont mind me putting a link to his (myspace ) site .... some cool videos and stuff

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...b-4527f5d5a7dc

http://www.myspace.com/chaosillumination

so i then spent the next half an hour looking at Neils Lasers

all the best .... Karl
    Last edited by Banthai; 01-04-2008 at 08:19.

that sounds exciting, did you use laser in performance by that time
    msn: skylaser@live.cn
    email: mail@laserbtb.com
    Official website: www.skylaser.cn

Default Some Nice Laser Videos

This morning I got to work and found I had an EMail from our ISP saying:

"It has come to our attention that in the last 24 hours your website
    has exceeded its bandwidth allowance by a significant amount.

Unfortunately, because of the amount over the limit, your site has
    been archived. Please contact us through the website if you want
    your site to be restored. - we cannot do this by email or over the
    telephone.

Your website used 768724 KB OVER its bandwidth transfer
    allowance during the last 24 hours."

Strange we've never had that before, wonder what it could be??

A look at our webstats seemed to show that in the last 24 hours there had been a LOT of views of the laser videos... hmm wonder why that could be. Wonder if someone has posted a link in some newsgroup... I logged into PL and did a search on our name... and this thread came up.

So looks like you guys have overloaded our download allowance!! Probably not helped that each video clip is quite high quality so fairly large filesizes.

I'll try to find out how to restore our site so that they can be viewed again.

If you can access Myspace there's more videos there:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...b-4527f5d5a7dc

or

http://www.myspace.com/chaosillumination

and go to pics and videos section.

I didn't realise you were in Underground Zero Karl, Canes Venatici on Friends and Relations album is a particular favourite of mine, though unfortunately I never saw you play live.

Neil

PS Karl you fell into the very common trap of putting an 'S' on the end of our name!! Everyone seems to do that...

First it was the SlashDot effect... (Slasdotted)

Then came the Digg effect... (Diggfucked)

And now, the PhotonLexicon effect! (er, PhotonLexiconed? Photonfucked? Lexicrashed? I dunno...)

No matter. All webmasters must now bow down before the tremendous server-crushing power of the ravenous laser enthusiasts on PhotonLexicon as they click their way to your site's doom! (Hey, who knew we had so much power?)

Damn - sorry that your site got yanked there, Neil. Hope they don't sock you with extra bandwidth fees.

Adam

oops .... sorry about that Neil .... should have PMd you first

but i have to say they are effin cool vids ..... there is something that just seems so warm with a gas laser, its something that makes the power requirement, water cooling, and hernia worthwhile ...

anyway i have edited my first post to show the myspace vids .... i guess a bit of damage limitation ....

i have seen a few of the hawk shows you have done, sadly without lasers,

I enjoyed the easternhaze festival in 06, even though it was a bit of a thrash for captain Dave and the band ... are the video sequences on hot keys etc or do you have one vid per song .... cos the timing was pretty damn good

Glad you like Canes Venatici one of my faves as well, we are having a bit of revival ( in germany for some strange reason ) at the moment, frenchy at flicknife sold our back catalogue its been released on CD through german ditributors .... we dont play much now, did a couple of gigs in 06 and headlined at the spacerock spectacular in oxford last october, hew lloyd langton and harvey Bainbridge played as well ... a great night and good to see some old faces

will catch up with you at the next UK meet if you are gonna be there

again sorry for crashing your site hope you get it back to normal

all the best .... Karl

Skylaser wrote
    that sounds exciting, did you use laser in performance by that time
    yes we did mate in 1982 we had a 10mW Helium Neon Laser with 3 mirrors / motors doing spirograf effects on our back drop, the tube was bloody huge compared to a HeNe now and cost us a fortune, the audience used to be really impressed, cant imagine doing a gig now with a "laser crab" as our main laser. but thats what first got me interested in lasers.

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    First it was the SlashDot effect... (Slasdotted)

Then came the Digg effect... (Diggfucked)

And now, the PhotonLexicon effect! (er, PhotonLexiconed? Photonfucked? Lexicrashed? I dunno...)

Adam
    Lexicanned.

or Photoffed.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra