Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowstorm at my house

Default Snowstorm at my house

thats right. homemade snow FTW

Thumbs up

I was going to post in your winter thread that you cold have used that at my house last night. It was 28 degrees... Did you shine any lasers though it while it was "falling"?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

sorry but no, other than a red pointer flashlight combo adam gave me at SELEM. I was more concerned with getting the thing to work. Its very tricky to get good snow.

You guys are lucky its been like 3 or 4 degrees here...

I happen not to mind cold. Last year I walked outside at minus 5 with a wind chill of minus 40 in jeans and t-shirt (what i always wear year round) and I got rushed inside by some locals. I didnt know what the big deal was.

Wow George, you got snow..

We've only gotten a day or two of a cold snap down here.
    last nite my cats kept beggng to go in and out of the house..dumb cats.
    Anyway, I kept telling them as the passed beneath me on their way out that
    "yep, go ahead and freeze your ass## off, and I'll find little cat statues outside in the morning" , didnt phase them any ..finally got them to come in
    at 4am , it got down to 28 here. no snow tho..
    And nothing to enhance any lasers with... ah well.

Regards
    Chuck
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

I know someone who made some in Orlando last night. Let a news crew find out about that and they would be all over it.

Guys, might not get the chance to see it this year as still aint built my projector but if you put a beam into snow would it begin to melt it? Could you right your name in snow the same way as you can with Pee?

Graham

Cool

We got down to 26 degrees last night here in Charleston! Then the damn power went out at a quarter to 5 in the morning... Good thing I had the wood-burning stove running all night! (Of course, without power to run the blower, it's not very useful...)

Bastards still haven't got the power back on (just called a few min ago and talked to my son). Fuckers better hurry up, because my house is already down to 64 degrees! (Well, except for the living room where the wood burning stove insert is... That room is nice and toasty, even without the blower running.)

Snow looks good there, George. How long did you run your machine?

Adam

It depends on the laser. Most of our stuff wouldn't cut it. But I am sure a laserscope probably could.

Snow is too translucent for the most part to get a spot to heat. In a way it sorta dilutes the heat. Just like how white sheets of paper will do. Lots of lasers can burn black paper or cut electrical tape, but not many can do that to white paper/electrical tape. Of course that is because black absorbs a lot of light and then converts it into heat. If snow was black... well that would be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    Guys, might not get the chance to see it this year as still aint built my projector but if you put a beam into snow would it begin to melt it? Could you right your name in snow the same way as you can with Pee?

Graham