Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Where you in 1978? Have a good laugh at Laserman532! Where were you?

In 1978 I was -16 :O :O

in 78 i was 17.
    so i was born the same year the ruby laser was invented.(edit,it was actually 1960.)
    (that is unless tesla actually did what some claim he did.)

in 1981 a couple of my friends were buying surplus he ne's and my friend had some glavos.i don't know where he got them, but when they were hooked up to the stereo with paul horn playing,they cast a perfect circle on the ceiling so i don't think they were steppers.

someone mentioned the analog aspect and effects that are timeless.

i must say that i do love the analog aspects.

i have some cheapie bounce mirrors with a flexible metal tab glued to the back.
    these are fun because they are free to vibrate(not enough to wander off my initial targeting) and the bass turns them into ambient"scanners"

i also like how i get a better feel with the audio slider on my dmx board.
    when you hit it right it really looks a lot more organic and in tune w/ the music than a tap synch on a computer.
    ideally, i would do the beamshow and mirror array with the dmx beambox and leave the scanning to the computer controlled laser projector, but promoters have to be cajoled into hiring even one laser sometimes.
    or at least cajoled into paying half what the show is worth.

it is cool to know ther is a laser legend in this wonderful state.

I was 23. Man, if I could go back then knowing what I do now.. (I'd probably fuck something up real bad ..) hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post

Blows me away that laser ben is only 16, some of my underwear is that old (just kidding there ben, i wish I knew what you know at 16 I would have ruled the FRIGGIN WORLD!!!!! MUAHAAAAAAAAAAA)

no joke,i just replaced a pair of 16 year old cycling shoes.
    and you can believe i bought the same brand.

i wasnt even a stain on the mattress yet

not even a thought.
    my dad was only a 15 year old punk running the streets causing hell
    -Josh

Well in 78 I was 3 and watching the Gong Show!!

Cool God can I relate I was looking a 76 junior high Yearbook Yikes!

I remember living in aircraft capital of world Wichita Kansas where a kid with a few bucks could buy any manner of military surplus for a little change.

We used to pull pranks and on cool winter nights using sterno heaters, candle heated and bent and thread wrapped split bamboo, and dry cleaning bags we used to pull UFO pranks on windless nights.

Every other kid was mixed race after forced bus programs riots insued we had really Big hair in those days Fros went out of picture frames whites has REALLY loong hair. I can send very scarry photos if one does not believe!

Hey on another track I picked up several of the old Spectra Millenia H20 cooled big ole YVO4 assemblies that are gold plated.

I acquired last week some very large Continuum YAG Laser assemblies NIB NOS that say : " Continuum 20MM SHG T-2 was hoping to take my 2 quad output Newport pc based or Coherent Quattro 4 x 30 watt lab lasers or more simply my sdl 0-25 watt one and try to piece together some king of cavity I have a optical table a wealth of lab peltier based temp controllers I just need some advice with getting various mounts and such I am just beggining to get some lens mounts holders etc and some various 13 and 20mm optics.

I was hoping someone outthere really knowledgable, such as yourself, would up and say, "well if it were me I would do such and such to create a cavity using these surplus laser components and you would at a bare minimum need these optical table mounts/components"

"I can send very scarry photos if one does not believe!"

Lets see 'em!

Heres a scary pic of a band I was in "The Gatorr Band" around 1978 -79. (I'm on the right).. Yeah, looong hair ruled
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jimbo bary doc and kelly (1).jpg  

I think Pat is my new laser hero, and he's only a state a away from me I remember seeing that picture in elementary school and thinking it was the coolest thing ever!!!

As far as '78.... I was born until '85...