Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio spectrum analyzer in laser show? anyone?

Default Audio spectrum analyzer in laser show? anyone?

I remember that i have in the past connected the latched y signal of a 10 band audio spectrum analyzer to a scope channel X and Y and i got the top line of all band side by side!

now maybe it would be simple to connect the same X and Y to the ILDA connector X and Y input?

is there anybody that ever tried that?

I was just wondering if there is any real time program or app to sync audio to the graphic or beam show.. ?

The result on the scope was something like that:

Doc
    Pangoline Quickshow FB3
    H-RGB1800 with DT40 and Laserwave OEM pro S modules (r637nm 190mWg532nm 710mWb447nm 850mW)
    Old set of G120 scanners and one Cambridge 6850
    1.4W 445 blue pointer

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's pretty simple to do in LSX. i used that effect in the following laser show for the "pump up the volume" parts of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorbass View Post
    I remember that i have in the past connected the latched y signal of a 10 band audio spectrum analyzer to a scope channel X and Y and i got the top line of all band side by side!

now maybe it would be simple to connect the same X and Y to the ILDA connector X and Y input?

is there anybody that ever tried that?

I was just wondering if there is any real time program or app to sync audio to the graphic or beam show.. ?

The result on the scope was something like that:

Doc
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Crap vid of the same effect in LSX:

There's an audio spectrum analyser in Beyond if you have a copy Doc. In fact you can even choose which bits of the spectrum you want the programme to respond to.

Hello,

@swamidog: That is awesome! At some point I would like to ask you some questions about LSX. I have Quickshow, and recently bought Beyond.

@colouredmirrorball: Your video is cool!

@White-Light: Where is the spectrum analyzer located in Beyond?

Thanks guys,

ED

Quote Originally Posted by ekeefe View Post

@White-Light: Where is the spectrum analyzer located in Beyond?

Thanks guys,

ED
    QuickFX > Audio Tab.

I can't post a pic as I don't want to reveal too much as its a Beyond 2.0 feature.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    QuickFX > Audio Tab.

I can't post a pic as I don't want to reveal too much as its a Beyond 2.0 feature.
    Cool!

When will the Beyond 2.0 come?
    Philipp Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    Cool!

When will the Beyond 2.0 come?
    That's a question for Pangolin.

All I can say is that just as with QS 2.0 its worth waiting longer for in my opinion. Although it's nice when companies meet deadlines, personally I'd rather have a more complete and totally stable programme than one that meets some arbitrarily set release date.
    Last edited by White-Light; 02-02-2013 at 15:35.

one that meets some arbitrarily set release date
    The solution is to not set arbitrary release dates, but rather base it on actual project timescales, goals and progress.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    The solution is to not set arbitrary release dates, but rather base it on actual project timescales, goals and progress.
    I'm sure that is what is done, arbitrary was my description not Pangolin's. The problem is Norty unforeseen bugs, features requests or developments that become necessary or problems with other projects that maybe take priority etc, can all work to push back delivery dates.

Personally I'd rather have the best possible product than one that meets a deadline for the sake of meeting a deadline. It's not as if anyone has pre-ordered and handed over money and is waiting for a product to use. Beyond 1.0 is already out there and usable and Pangolin appear to have been quite generous in their distribution of the more stable test builds to those wanting later versions.