Thread: ChromaDepth Glasses - Any Past Experience?

Default ChromaDepth Glasses - Any Past Experience?

Anyone played around with ChromaDepth glasses & your laser shows?

I've got a pair of glasses buried around here somewhere, but had some interesting results some years back (red images, as I recall looked great) getting a nice 3D effect for these images floating in front of the wall. Had to play with the ambient lighting for the best effect, but still pretty cool...

Greg

i'm doing an anaglyph 3d party next week although wasnt going to do 3d with the laser just video but they just booked my rgb system so i may try if any one knows a good way to do this i would love to hear about it

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Anyone played around with ChromaDepth glasses & your laser shows?
    Hey Greg -

Gotta get out to Laserium, man! - what ChromaDepths' were 'MADE' for!

- J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Cool

I think DZ has a pair of those glasses too. They were pretty neat. Red appears close and yellow appears far away, or something like that.

Adam

YEs, I have had a lot of experience. We actually helped develop the glasses over a 10 yr period with a chap from New York and did laser shows exclusivly with them for about 4 yrs. Red Appears Closest to the viewer and blue is in the back,with yellow and green being in the middle. You have to use Pure wavelengths for the best effect or the glasses just pull apart your mixed colors. At AVI we used Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and did color mixing prysmatically as opposed to PCAOM or Varying intensity of the lasers as we do with DPSS most times. Using the right combinations of color AND Intensity you could create a very realistis 3d environment. It really worked BEST in a Planetarium with a curved domed celing. Hope this helps!... Long Live Captian Orion! ;-)
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

I never got into chromadepth on a commercial scale- but somewhere around here i have a small projector that was set up for it-that included special polarity preserving mirrors and a silver polarity preserving screen- then i believe additional hardware alternated the polarity of every other frame. Pango has additional info on steroscoptic applictaions.
    The one I have mentioned may not be exactly what you guys are talking about- but it is one of the different methods employed-
    go big or go home

Cromadepth and Polarization are completly different for sure. One works on the eye seeing only one image at a time , where the other workd on Depth perception of different colors using Holographic glass's specially designed to get rid of the first, second third and forth order of defraction. I say get rid, but really they are supressed by many lumins in intensity, so with the proper mixing of colr and intensity, you can have Amazing 3D!~
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com