Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you prefer to exchange... or refund?

Cool

Aaron, pay attention to what Dave posted above. Then consider your history with Extreme Lasers and ask yourself if you really want to deal with them again...

Besides, if you can get a laser with 20Khz blanking for the same price, why not go that route? Take the money refund that Extreme is offering and wash your hands of the whole mess.

Hell, for $750 (or maybe even less now) you can get a 100 mw DPSS blue with analog blanking from David Wu at Lasever. That would solve your problem right there.

Personally, if I were the seller I would just refund your money. Reason being, the analog laser will fetch more money than a TTL one, and I'd be loosing money if I gave you the analog one for the same price as I sold you the TTL one. Simple economics.

As for the scanner messing up, I don't understand. This is the set that I worked on right? They were PERFECT. What's wrong with them now? (Don't tell me they've got to go back to China again?)

What ever happened to that set of DT-40's you were going to get? Did you not check in with Bill and the Pango office? And what about the G-120's?

Adam

Red face

Everything of value she has I bought...

I figured right off that the 70mW is a "BLM50" as the BLM50 TTL I had was doing 60 to 70mW.

If I buy a blue I would probably go with dave. I was looking at the 50mW they have for the new year sale, but again I have a long discussion with the boss last night and buying anything for the pit is not in the budget. My dissision not hers. But thanks Adam, that is the answer I was looking for.

The Y seems to be sticking a little I think. When I start a frame, say the test pattern, it takes close to a second for the frame to strech out fully on the y axis. If that makes sense. Then it is usually in need of a tweak to get the circle touching the top and bottom of the box. The x is fine every time. If I change frames, or watch a song on the avs plugin and reopen the test pattern, the circle does not touch the top and bottom again. I had to re-tune them when I swapped galvos because the broke mirror had to go on the x axis. I never got the time to bring them to Bill, the 3pm to 12pm shift give me a lot of time to mess around with my projector, from 1am to 4am... I tuned them up fairly well myself about three of four weeks ago and this started about three days ago. I assume I did something wrong. Hence the atittude I have with Doing It Myself right now. I am not in the mood to give UPS more money... or DHL, FedEx, or USPS... I have the G120s, but they do play the beam shows with the high atmospheric beams well, like melody, paridise, eternity... You know, the good ones. I think it is that torsion(sp?) bar Bill mentioned. They are sitting on the shelf waiting on some inspiration. I am afraid I'll kill em. It may be a FS thread and or eBay for them. No, I never want to Bill's for the DT40s... I think I may try a very sad email and phone call to Laserwave for a small sponsorship. Then I can toss the depleted uranium enclosed beast out the back window.

I have always wanted to try and light the house with laser beams though, no scanners needed. Just a lot of collminating lenses and steering mirrors. I do love beam shows though too.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

ohh my god.... somebody please put an end to this.........
    go big or go home

Wink

Would you prefer or

Smile

Aaron...

Get with David Zurcher. He's been *dying* to get his hands on your projector ever since SELEM 2007. He's offered several times to work on it for you for free. Make a road trip to Jacksonville and leave it with him for a couple weeks. When you get it back, I PROMISE it will be all better.

Adam

Lightbulb

That was the thought I had when I jumped over to the FLEM 2 posting... I just wish it would fit on the bike.

Well with FLEMII coming up, I'm sure there will be plenty of folks available that can get it working for you. If you give it to me for a couple weeks, I'd just redesign the whole damn thing to the way I would want it to be, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It would take more than just a "couple weeks" though, me finishing up this office has put me a bit behind on the "honey-do" list... Life can be such a delicate balancing act, kinda like tuning scanners!

Lightbulb

With the way things are going, it may be worth it to bring it up in the next week or so and give you a month plus. A redesign is probably the best thing... Or wait till FLEM II and let you take it home. Once I decide what the blue is doing I'll give you a PM.