Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UKLM2 - security - a small fee please

Default UKLM2 - security - a small fee please

Just in case it was missed in my saftey post - on the day Mark (fluff) will be providing a person to look after the security at the site espacially our gear when we go for food. The guy is called Phil and will be charging us £50 for the day which I think is very reasonable especially as it will spread thinly between 30+ less than £1.70 each if we there are 30 of us in total). Im asking that all attendees contribute to this - I know some have shown support already for this in the other thread - but just wanted to announce it properly so we can all be aware on the day that we will be collection some subs.
    I will be responsible for the money, collecting it and passing it on to Phil so I will see you all on the day - get ya wallets ready.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

no probs with that Rob

im sure everyone will apreciate the amount of value that will be in the place that day last thing we need is laptops and PCs taking a walk

all the best ..... Karl

sounds good to me mate

seems a very good idea
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

As discussed Rob, count me in

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

No Worries GREAT IDEA ..count me in for a couple of quid
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

No problem chipping in a couple of quid - I'll only be bringing a laptop and a 250mW green laser - but how are you going to implement the security? How will your security guy know who owns what? May I suggest using something like a UV pen - allocate each owner a unique ID that they then have to quote to get kit out of the building - just a thought.

The security is gonna be there to make sure no one who does not have a badge can walk in and walk out with somthing under their coat. We want this to be an informal event but with some protection within reason. The main concern and reason for someone doing this job is to afford our kit protection when we leave the building for food. At this time the whole room would have been unattended while the building is still occupied and in use. This is what worried us most - the fact that we can have phil for the day is a bonus.
    Last time I marked all my kit even down to my cables so I knew what was mine if anyone picked stuff up. I think we need to see how this goes on the day now there will be more coming and going and its up to the individual to make sure his own kit is safe within the room.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Rob

As discussed, i'll donate some nice quality identity badges that can hang around peoples necks. I'll print these so that there is space to add the persons name and Photonlexicon pseudonym.

I'll bring these with me on the day and they can be filled in and given out to people as they arrive.

This way it will be easy for Phil to see who is actually involved in the 'event'.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

GA
    UV pens on kit cetainly wouldnt do any harm , but with you having not been to last event i fear you may have perceptions that this is a huge event with loads of people coming and going , its not .......its likely most people will have arrived by 12-1 .....so you will know and recognise most within an hour or so ... security for the hour we go for a meal is essential but wether its needed throughout the whole day is debateable remember 20 odd people already know and recognise and trust each other theres simply a few new faces , maybe 10-15 at most.

Jem / Stan ...for your own benefits may i suggest you make it clear its a SECURITY registration otherwise you may involutarily make yourselves "responsible" for happenings at the event by having the appearence of registering people for it......errr ummm unless thats the plate filled

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Jem / Stan ...for your own benefits may i suggest you make it clear its a SECURITY registration otherwise you may involutarily make yourselves "responsible" for happenings at the event by having the appearence of registering people for it......errr ummm unless thats the plate filled

PAUL
    I agree Paul, as I have taken the plunge and offered to do this that then falls upon my lap to put this across properly.
    The original suggestion to fluff was for the security to be during the time we are gone for food but for the £50 Phil has been offered for the day. I reckon that if he is there from the beginning til after we return from eating this will be cool - he will have served the purpose and earned his money.

Rob